Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Puttering along some more yesterday on Splendidly Marching Along, I decided to trim the few 2.5" RWB strips I had to 2" in order to be used. However, before doing so, I snipped off a handful of 2.5" squares for another Rainbow Scrap Challenge block that Angela goated me into a couple of months ago with this post. Honestly, she blind-sided me with those ADORABLE blocks....that simply came out of NOWHERE! :0) I don't remember the name of the block she shared with me (Scraphappy, maybe?), but it came from the latest 100-block magazine. She gave me the simple information: "2.5" blocks and 1.5" strips; the rest is a little math." I wish I would have had two more of the white flag squares...but oh well. It's a scrap block. It is what it is.

Anyway, it now joins the other blocks, and I notice there are SEVEN in this picture. Hmmm??? AH! The brown one is "extra" right now! We haven't had brown in the Challenge yet. OH! The orange is extra too! Guess I'm ahead of the ball-game for those months to come, huh? ;0) I knew I was having fun the day I came across Angela's post and I went RIGHT to my 2.5" scrap bin; guess I didn't care that brown or orange hadn't been mentioned yet.

I think it's time to update what I've actually accomplished this year on Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

January - Blue
** Made a Scraphappy block and finished Blue Ridge Beauty








February - Red
** Made a Scraphappy block and Red Blossoms








March - Green
** Made a Scrapyhappy block

April - Purple
** Made a Scraphappy block and start cutting for Purple Pleasure. {{Then school-year-end took over and I haven't gotten back to it yet}}. Hmmm....next project???







May - Pink
** Made a Scraphappy block

June - Yellow
** Cut fabric scraps for the Blue-n-Gold quilt for Cassie. Currently my leader-ender project.








July - Red, White & Blue
** Made a Scraphappy block and working on Splendidly Marching Along.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

So cute. You have gotten quite a bit done. Those scrap happy blocks are going to be adorable when they all come together. I'm sure brown and orange will come up at some point, though I don't have my list handy, I'd have to guess that they sound like fall colors.

make.share.give said...

You've been really busy this year! I love the colorful scrappy blocks.

Ellen said...

Those scrappy blocks do look great. Congrats on getting so much done!

Jan Maree said...

Those scrappy blocks look great and I love what you have done throughout the year! Lovely to see the progress

Brenda Kay said...

Love the scrappy blocks and they are all going to look greta together in the end.

Quilter Kathy said...

You have accomplished so much in the scrappy challenge! Love your colour scrap blocks!

floribunda said...

I think that block is called "Boxed In" and it came from Julie at Jaybird Quilts. I'm hoping to finish up a big version of it as a wedding gift this week...

Love your rainbow blocks so far!