Thursday, May 14, 2009

MId-May; quiet on completions!

I was just sifting through my WIP and UFO list, and realized.......holy buckets! It's the middle of May, and I can't foresee any finishes anytime soon! **shrug**

Oh well.....

School and spring weather are keeping me busy

On Sunday, I did manage to sort through a bag of scraps I purchased at the little Quilt Shop I stopped at on the way home from the Math Convention last week. I also started rummaging through the boxes I obtained from my mother. (She and Dad went to an auction where she purchased 10 boxes of fabric for $6.00!) As I was sorting through all the scraps, I started cutting them into logs for a scrappy (NO CONTROL!) log cabin. That actually was a fun day! There were lots of reproductions in the boxes and the scrap bag. There were also some glorious "antiques" in the boxes! I shouldn't need to buy any fabric for a LONG time now! *chuckle*.......yeah....sure.......

Happy Thursday

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Hey there! Good to see you still out there. It is that time of year when everything has to be done now. It sounds like you are still finding little bits of time to play with fabric. It won't be much longer now before you have plenty of time to get as much quilting done as you'd like. Not that you are counting down of course ;.)

antique quilter said...

can't wait to see some of these log cabin blocks!
wow all that fabric fro 6.00, is it quilting fabric or a mixture of fabrics?
Kathie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What a bargain! I love the log cabin quilts. I've made a couple and need to make more, but I'm currently stuck on the Bento Box quilts! Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

What a deal! Not buying fabric..hope you have more luck than me.lol!

Nancy said...

Right there with ya dear. UFO finished????? What's that.

17.5 days to go!!! Not that I'm counting (or the students don't stop reminding me LOL)

Hugs!

Laurel said...

Hey, Amy. I know that school is keeping you busy. How'd volleyball turn out?

I used Beth F's method on some applique I'm doing (not her quilt) and so far so good. I might have to go out and buy new/special needles. What did you use?

Spring weather sure is nice to see.

Take Care.

Laurel