This past week, I've been focusing on some crochet projects with hopes to add a little more variety to my MIL's fall craft sales. The washcloths have been piling up nicely, seeing the temperatures and humidity have been slowly rising these past few days.
Monday morning, I visited a local Bookstore/Yarn shop, looking for some "Made in the USA" cotton yarn. JACKPOT! This Cestari "Old Dominion Collection" yarn caught my eye; the price was reasonable at $8.99/100g hank. Only two hanks were purchased..... and by the end of the day, both had been crocheted up into some 8" and 10" washcloths. Therefore, on Tuesday, after eye appointments in the afternoon, I stopped back in to the shop in order to pick up a couple more colors ;)
I primarily used a simple hdc shell stitch pattern [Ravelry link] for most of the washcloths. But by day four, it was getting old, so I went back to my simple sc/dc alternate pattern.
While searching, this Simple Soap Saver pattern [Ravelry link] also intrigued me, so I gave it a quick whirl.
A few other washcloths using Knit Pick's Dishie yarn were also stitched up.
Sometime along the way, the currants and gooseberries were picked and jammed up.
And the past couple of days have been consumed a bit with the County Fair. Exciting news for Cassie and our Steve -- they earned Grand Champion Cock (Rooster)! She's tickled pink!