Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quilting time returns...

For most of the day yesterday and Sunday evening (upon returning from parent's house), I have been enjoying my time downstairs with my Bernina. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I have decided to put together a 2010 BOM, so I pieced up the first of those. More to come on that Thursday, so come back if you want a slow-moving project for the upcoming year leading to a finish by December 2010. Some sneaky-peek pics of January's BOM choices are at bottom of post. Very traditional, simple geometric blocks in reds and blues.

I then moved onto the Chunky Churndash. It had been just a wee bit too small, so I added two more rows, which meant I needed to piece together another 22 blocks. The top center is together with borders to come today. My mind had already started moving to the quilting of the quilt, and I knew I was running low on safety pins, so.....

Out came Christmas Lights. I spent the afternoon quilting the two sections, pieced them together and started cutting and sewing on the set of borders. At 8:00, the quilt made it to the stage pictured; today will bring on a FINISH (and I'll have some pins again to use on Chunky Churndash.

Happy Tuesday!


Sneaky-Peek of January BOM choices

6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You little over-achiever, you! Love it all. I might even jump in on your BOM....looks wonderful! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your time off!

Tracy said...

The BOM's look good! A slow-moving project is just my speed!LOL!

Linda Lee said...

All three blocks are great! I think I will need to do the BOM's with you!
Enjoy the rest of vacation! Are you doing a class this winter????

Cornfield Quilter said...

Wow,I haven't visited in a while and you have put together some really cool quilts! Love em all!!

Julie said...

Oh wow, Amy! Such a cool thing to do. I am getting moved into my new sewing room, so I might just join you. What pretty blocks you have so far.

Linda said...

Hey, Amy, your blocks look great. I have so many projects to do now but you are sure tempting me with these...I'm joining Nancy on the UFO finishes so with some of my scraps I think I'll join you too. What's one or two more things to do for the year? More fun, that's what! Take care and Happy New Year! Linda