After whipping up a batch of muffins for the girls, I was downstairs starting my quilting day by 9:00.
Angela (soscrappy) wrote to me regarding yesterday's slump in quilting mojo...
Seeing the blocks come together should be enough motivation to get through the rough spots. The Ohio stars are pretty cute and don't need any HST units, you could cheat and put some of those together first. It will all get done eventually, right?
So, with that type of mentality this morning, I decided to cut and cut and cut out the pieces needed for step #5 and step #6 before actually doing any sewing today.
And then.....working with a batch of 50 at a time, step #3 HSTs were pressed and one HST "wing" for step #5 was added.
This worked out QUITE slick! I didn't feel bogged down at the ironing board pressing all 350 HSTs at once......ugh---the tedious repetition of extreme boredom!! I was able to stay "entertained" with the changing over of task every 50 units...
I'm absolutely amazed how long I was at my machine, cutting mat and ironing board today......yet.....
It doesn't appear that I have a super lot to show.
All 350 step #3 HSTs have had one "wing" attached, and 100 have been 100% completed with the 2nd "wing." (shown below in the upper corners) Behind the machine, another 100 await pressing and trimming, before tackling the last 150. Pictured above left are all my units waiting for step #6.
Paul informed me that he needs to work yet again tomorrow, so I'm thinking one more full day downstairs and I should be all caught up, just in time for clue #7 on Friday.
Hmmm.....9:00 start; a little break for lunch time and dinner prep; and closed up shop at 5:00. Seven hours today of sewing.