Friday, August 22, 2014

40% off -- can't say no to that

The trip with Linda to the quilt shop closing its doors was definitely a big success.  I really can't remember the last time I've purchased fabric, so..... the way I see it, I can justify this loot! ;)  
Eight yards of orange that'll be destined for backing on my Celtic Solstice
9 3/4 yards reserved for the backing of Hawaii Sunset
and all the rest.... stash.

Once home, I was feeling a bit drained, but I turned on Break Dawn, Part 2 as background noise and got busy piecing backing and batting for Berquist Beauty.  By the time the credits were rolling, the backing was pieced, batting pieced, backing/batting/top loaded on the frame, and the first path of quilting completed.  A bit over 2 hours just to prep the final stages for quilting.  Such a process.



6 comments:

Panto Pam said...

I have been reading your blog for a while, Amy, and this is my first time to post. Berquist Beauty is amazing! The hard part is over, and you will have that quilt finished in no time. :) I love reading about your adventures with your family and your projects.

Pam in Middle TN

Ray and Jeanne said...

Like your purchases! I think my stash could handle some new pieces... Berquist Beauty may be finished yet this summer - way to go! ~Jeanne

Denise R said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogging. I have missed you.

Andee said...

YAY on the loot and yay on more quilting and posting happening!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on getting a quilt onto the frame! It does seem like a process, but remember back to the days of crawling around on the floor pin basting. Beautiful quilt! Looking forward to a finish!

Lori said...

Your new fabrics are sweet.
Loading the frame is not my favorite part of the process. But, you can't love it all, right?