Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Celtic Solstice - Cathedral Stars - Smith Mountain Morning

Two years in the making, working between other projects and deadlines, but .... it's finished.
Celtic Solstice - Bonnie K. Hunter 2013 mystery
110" x 110"
Quilted using my favorite 7" overall feather pantograph, and Aurifil thread; one of the lighter tan/cream ones (I don't have the number readily handy.)

Part of the push to finish this was because I needed to free up the quilting frame in order to finish up Cathedral Stars for the band raffle quilt...
Locked, loaded and well underway already!!!!  I certainly do enjoy having some extra time during this week of vacation from school.

It's probably too much of a stretch to hope I'll power through this stack of other quilts all set and prepared with backing & batting for quilting ;)

Specially when this guy stares at me everyday in the quilting room;  the border units need piecing yet.

Happy Tuesday, everyone.

7 comments:

gayle said...

They're all beautiful! And holy cow, Celtic Solstice is *huuuge*!

Andee said...

AMAZING! All three of them girl!

Katie Z. said...

I love your Smith Mountian Morning. Good luck powering through a quilt or two this week!

Marly said...

Good luck finishing the third one. You're on a roll; you'll get there this winter break.

Deb A said...

I would not be able to resist making more blocks for the smith mountain morning whenever I saw that wall. Great job on the finishes.

JB said...

Wow! You rock girl!! Wish I had your energy!! I can't seem to get motivated to get the boxes unpacked today. Ugh!

scraphappy said...

So many great projects so close to being finished! Glad you have some down time to enjoy quilting again.