Saturday, January 24, 2015

RSC14 and yarn selection for Mystery CAL [Crochet]

Much of this Saturday morning was spent relaxing with a coffee cup in my hand... HOME!  

Eventually, I wandered downstairs and played around with some sashing ideas for my 2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  It was enjoyable to simply...... RELAX with no pressure of time.

I have a new iron on my board;  a Black-n-Decker Classic.  My last one simply peetered out and wasn't getting hot anymore.  So far, this one is.......'eh.'  The holes on the bottom catch the edges of the fabric when I'm pressing smaller units :\.  But I chose this one over the completely 'dry' one (which had NO holes) because this had an auto shut-off.  Although, I'm rethinking whether I really need that feature.  It'd be nice to have a nice, flat iron with NO holes.  Something to think about next time.

I purchased my yarn for the Crochet Crowd (via Yarnspirations) mystery crochet along.  The plum showed up quite bold with the flash;  it's a bit darker than what seems present in the picture.  I was sadly disappointed in the selection of Caron Simply Soft at our local Walmart.  It would seem that  they've dropped quite a few of their formerly stocked colors :(  My original color-palette hope....
And I found that Hancock Fabrics has a sale on Simply Soft right now, but.....  **shrug**.... I just can't bring myself to pushing that "Submit Order" button.  ;) ((even though I have a gift certificate from my Mommie for HF)).  Frugal much???

In the meantime, I'm making progress on the newest ripple afghan:  the 12 Interlocking Ripples (Attic24's Neat Ripple pattern).

6 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I've crocheted for years but never made a ripple afghan. I think I may need to now!

scraphappy said...

There are lots of worse things to be than frugal. Glad you found some sewing time. Beautiful ripples. It would be nice to a project to sit in a chair with the family while still getting it done.

Lori said...

I love your color combo. Purple rocks!! lol I am seriously thinking about jumping in! I do have quilting UFO's but, a variety of creative outlets is a good thing ,right?

Judy D in WA said...

I decided to crochet right along with you. I've picked the colors I want to use but need to get to town one day this week to get them. I love your colors! Being frugal is being dollar smart in my not so humble opinion. ;)
Love the ripples!

Andee said...

You so make me need to do more with yarn!

Deb A said...

Darn it.... I signed up. Now to find the yarn......
Did you select your own colors?