Sunday, January 17, 2016

Double Layer Braided Cowl [Crochet]

The morning began with a Soaping Sunday, making up a batch of hot-process yogurt soap, fragranced with Pomegranate, and as I was measuring out the oils, I received a text from a coworker via Facebook....

Is this something you could do? And if so, could you make one for me? I'd pay for the supplies and your time!{Double Layer Braided Cowl}
So, as soon as the soap was in the crockpot cooking, I read over the pattern to determine the difficulty.  Parts of the pattern weren't written using standard crochet terms, so I was confused for a few moments, but realized it was simply asking for Front-Loop HDC and Back-Loop HDC.
A response was sent to my friend, requesting she pick out the yarn and quoting a price.  An hour later, she responded that she was out shopping and found the yarn!  LOL.  
Since she seemed eager, and I really didn't have much going on today, another message was sent letting her know that if she was able to drop off the yarn, I'd be able to get a start on the cowl this afternoon....


The first layer took about 1 1/2 hours; I hadn't anticipated it would work up quite that quick.

And then the second layer just ended up working itself out during the next couple of hours. :D  

I truly had no intentions of finishing this up today, but it felt good to have a bit of motivation in the form of a new, fairly quick, project!


I'm not a big scarf wearer, HOWEVER, I like how this one lays on the neckline with ZERO bulk in the back.   My coworker is also pleasantly surprised that I worked it up so quickly :D

Happy Sunday.  Tomorrow, back to the grind.  Many of my classes have Semester Finals this week, so.... I'm hoping my week should be fairly relaxed (even if the students' week isn't)

10 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I love it! If I didn't know the boy would pull it off, I'd make this one for myself too. What color would you make for yourself?

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Pretty. I think I saw it on another website too today.

Jennie in GA said...

Lovely, and I really love the back fastening.

scraphappy said...

So pretty. You really did get that done in a hurry. Sounds like it is going to be just perfect for your co-worker.

Judy D in WA said...

You are super speedy with that crochet hook! I love the texture and no bulk. I might have to give this a go.

Deb said...

Wow this pattern is really different, love it

Ellen said...

That was a quickie - looks great!

Unknown said...

Where can I buy one?

Unknown said...

Where can I buy one?

Linda Lee said...

It is beautiful. Kristina was so very proud of it when she was wearing it!