Saturday, June 22, 2024

Rainbow Scraps in blue -- Star Struck, Pineapple Blossom, 36-patch Diamonds

T'was a full day, and I'm a wee bit pooped. 

The day began with the steam vac carpet cleaner again.  Knowing how absolutely filthy the loft carpet was, another cleaning was performed and then the stairs were tackled.  I was truly baffled at how DIRTY they were once I stood back and observed this photo.  And by 1:30, all was completed and the machine cleaned.  Using the word of the lady I borrowed the machine from -- "satisfying," specially after the loft was put back together, fully organized and ready for sewing.

I was excited to get back to some piecing, so I sifted through some orphan blocks I have and plans were devised.  I had some Star Struck blocks, Pineapple Blossom blocks, and a 36-patch diamond block of sorts that were set aside on a shelf, therefore MANY Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts have been plotted.

Four star struck blocks were pieced to join the few others...

and I tell ya, piecing blocks and remembering the tricks of trade is like riding a bike!  I wasn't about to toss and waste those corners, so bonus HSTs were sewn, pressed...

trimmed to 2", and then pieced into a blue 36-patch 'diamond' block.  

I don't know if this block has an official name; I'm gonna simply call it a Diamond block, and it'll join a scrappy one I dabbled with way back in the day.

and to wrap up the day, some 2" blue strips were organized into 3 Pineapple Blossom blocks, followed naturally by 3 bonus pinwheels that'll be used in the border down the line.  This is one of my most favorite blocks of Bonnie's, having made a couple scrappy quilts in the past.

Finally, I insisted on purchasing a new tape measure since my red one sprouted legs and obviously found a new location to hang out.  This one's been labeled this time! 


1 comment:

Susie H said...

Your clean carpet is beautiful! That in itself is quite a feat for the week!! Lovely blocks too.