Wednesday, June 26, 2024

UFO, WIP, Flimsy parade - time to get organized!

I decree that yesterday's new name shall be - "Tally Tuesday"
Also, when ya can't beat the heat to sew comfortably in the loft (since we frugal ol' fuddy-duddies haven't folded to turn on the AC yet), t'was time to ORGANIZE all the bins and shelves and 'chair piles' downstairs in the basement quilting space. Don’t get me wrong! I like the heat 🤗 but this task needed to get done all the same.
I haven't truly been in full-blown 'quilter-mode' since probably 2013/14, as my faithful followers of year's gone by can attest to; life simply got busy with the girls growing up 🥰. However, with a couple recent quilt-top finishes this week that had been in almost-finished stages, I really wanted to get a gauge of the status of all the other "things" down there. Ya know... to make plans and goals! 😉
👇👇The parade of current UFOs (unfinished objects), WIPs (works in progress) and FLIMSIES (quilt top ready for quilting), plus a few HMIDs (holy moly, it's done) quilts.
[[alright, I made up that last acronym]] 😜

FIrst up, the Flimsies...

Omigosh flimsy - 73"x 92"
Designer: Susan Garman


Omigosh perspective



Controlled Chaos flimsy - 67" x 95"
Self-designed

Hm. And now that I see this in a photo, I'm thinking more is needed on the border.  Therefore, updating this to UFO. Maybe that lazy border even needs to be removed, and more blocks added to the sides...
Pondering, pondering, pondering...


Scrappy Talkin' Turkey flimsy - 79" x 95"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter

Emerald City flimsy - 87" x 87"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter

Chilhowie flimsy - 81" x 81"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter

2010 Block of the Month (I think??) Sampler Quilt flimsy - 59" x 62"
I'll need to remind myself of sizing requirements for QOV.
This could be a donation quilt for a great cause.


Some fabric for the backing had also ben set aside


Thirty-six patch (quilted, awaiting binding) - 65" x 65"
Designer: Amanda (CrazyMom's 2011 QAL), turned design-as-you-go.


Vitro di Mare (quilted, awaiting binding) - 80" x 95"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter's 'Allietare' pattern

I dare say, this one is a top on the favorite list!


Halloween on Easy Street flimsy - 86" x 86"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter's "Easy Street"

This was a mystery quilt and I veered off Bonnie's color palette. Once it all came together, it screamed Halloween, hence the update to the name! HA!

2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge flimsy- 55" x 75"
Designer: Teamed with Angela (Andee)

Framed Rectangles flimsy - 60" x 78"
Designer: Mary of Marysquilts.com

Christmas Goose flimsy - 73" x 91"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter's 'Goose in the Puddle'
Lazy Sunday flimsy - 77" x 97"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter
2011 Rainbow Scrap Challenge flimsy - 42" x 56"
Self-designed

I'll have to remind myself of size requirements for Q4K (Quilts for kids) - twould be a great donation
2012 Rainbow Strings flimsy - 50" x 62"
Self-designed
Some UFOs...
RWB Strings

UFO - or flimsy???
2014 Challenge using some BOM ideas from Judy Laquidara
UFO - RWB Pineapple Blossom
Block design: Bonnie K. Hunter

Finally, some FINISHES...



Smith Mountain Morning - 80" x 89"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter




Purple Diamonds - 55" x 65"
Designer: Bonnie K. Hunter's 'Jamestown Landing'



2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Rainbow Stars 51" x 71"
Designer: Teamed up with Kevin the Quilter




Deer Camp Wall hanging - 57" x 77"
Designer: unknown

SO...... whew! I THINK I've pulled everything that had been here-there-n-everywhere. And now... nicely organized in a few different totes.


With THAT many flimsies, I have a feeling this will be the first summer to really get a feel for the Q'nique 15Pro.

4 comments:

Panto Pam said...

What a beautiful quilt show to see while drinking my coffee this morning! I know you are so glad to have all that sorted out. Congratulations on your longarm upgrade! I was always amazed at what you got done with your other one. I would refer people I knew that had a similar system to your blog.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I folded... AC is on.
I wish you wouldn't do things like this... it makes me want to do things like this and then who knows what will happen!!

You have some amazing Quilt tops to quilt - and wow - I think you must LOVE scraps!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow Amy, what a beautiful array of quilts. I love the designs and the colours...all so vibrant in their own way. Thank you for sharing! Take Care, J

scraphappy said...

That is an amazing quilt collection. Having everything organized will help you to be able to find whatever you are ready to finish. AND the blog post will let you remember what are where it all is. Have fun crossing some of those beautiful projects off of the list. I totally missed the quilting machine upgrade, looks like you are ready to go!