Sunday, October 18, 2009

My bi-weekly check - in: Volleyball and quilting! What better life is there??? :0)

Heya, heya. TWO MORE WEEKS and then my life will slow back down (okay...maybe THREE!!!) State volleyball is three weeks aways; this week brings on Regional tournaments and I am very hopeful for the girls to make it to the Finals. HOWEVER, the dreadful bugs have started working through the squad -- one of my players just texted me, saying she was at a 102.6 fever and throwing up. UGH UGH UGH!

We had our 6-team invitational yesterday, and did about as good as expected -- 3rd. We're a small school, and we always put ourselves up to the challenge of player larger schools. The two teams ahead of us were division 3 schools (we are division 4). We did beat one division 3 school (4th place) and two division 4 schools (5th and 6th). Tuesday brings on our first Regional game, which we SHOULD come away quite easily with a victory. Then, we will advance to Friday's Regional Semi-final and we need to be firing on all cylinders to get beyond that match. GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!!

I spent all day today doing laundry, updating volleyball statistics and working on Pre-Calculus problems for the upcoming week. I wanted to get some quilting done, but that sadly just didn't happen today.

However, last weekend, I DID find some time to sew :0).....

I needed to clear up some floor space, so I buckled down and sewed together 12 rows of Perkiomen Daydreams. As soon as the vball season ends, THIS will be the project that I tackle full-force, because my lovely PIF lady (Carol - Cornfield Quilter) agreed to quilt it as my PIF gift. HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT?!?!?!

As leaders-enders, I kept sewing up some hour-glass blocks for my Chunky Churndash.

I also pulled out a top that my MIL requested to be quilted by me. I washed up the backing and sandwiched it all together. I'll have to keep looking at it until I get inspired with a quilting design, because I'm clueless right now as to how I will quilt it. ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY, GREATLY APPRECIATED :0) :0) :0)

Off to catch up on all of your lives....

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Andee said...

Great PIF gift! Glad VBall is going well and that soon you will have more time to sew...though I don't keep up with you now..smile! No idea how to quilt that last one, but I am sure it will be awesome whatever you do!

Amanda said...

Good to hear that you're still hanging on by your finger nails. Golly, what a busy start to the year you've had. What a great idea for your PIF gift that is. I'm not much help on the quilting I'm afraid, though I know what I'd do if was hand quilting it, but I don't think they would work for machine quilting.

Laurel said...

Glad to hear from you and that you're doing well. Everything is fine on my homefront as well, just no pictures to upload, so no blogging. Take care.