Monday, October 5, 2009

Find time? PSHT! MAKE TIME!

Hello
Hello
Hello
It's an official NEW record -- OVER TWO WEEKS of nothing from yours-truly :0(

BUT
Yesterday, I MADE time to get back downstairs to do some sewing. Yeah, I had a bazillion other things I should have been doing, but ....eh..... it was still there for me to tackle last night in front of Sunday Night Football.

I finished up the Christmas Lights step 2 from Bonnie Hunter (Quiltmaker magazine), and kept going since I just received the latest Quiltmaker in the mail on Saturday. I know this quilt won't be very large, but I still decided to quilt it in sections to really make the quilting pretty, so..... this is the current state and will wait patiently on the floor until I find a good day or two to quilt it. MAYBE, just MAYBE this weekend?!?!!?!? I should be able to catch up a bit with my life on Thursday and Friday since the students don't have school. We teachers have inservice....and I have NO TOURNAMENTS this weekend.....so......! It's looking promising!!!!


While working on the CL mystery, I was also sewing up the hour-glass blocks for Chunky Churndash as leaders-enders. Recall that this will be gifted to my parents for helping out this summer with the girls when I had so many math workshops.

Our school has survived yet another Homecoming week--this is my DEAR, DEAR coworker (and former mentor!). This lady is amazing---I coached under her for 8 years and she taught me so much. I never would have been able to accept the Head Coach position without her former guidance and leadership. Even now, her door is open when I need an "ear" with the vball season. This is also the lady whose family I made quilts for last Christmas (Masha's Wonky Nines, Andre's Out of this World, Isaac's My Blue Heaven, and Jan's Family Gems)


Okay everyone----I'm ACTUALLY off to catch up on some blogs, while watching the EVER-SO-AWAITED Packers vs. Vikings football game! I had told my DH before the game started that I'm staying neutral because I think Favre is an amazing athlete, yet ..... well....it's the PACKERS! However-------with 30 seconds left until half time, I have found myself rooting for the Packers! HA! (Afterall, isn't it easier to root for the under dog???) :0( Sorry Pack...but sadly Favre, along with Adrian Peterson, the Vikings are actually looking like a favored team this year.

But...alas.....my loyalty still stands.....GO PACK!

Happy Monday (Night Football!)

2 comments:

Andee said...

You are a bit ahead of me on Christmas Lights, but we are getting there! I don't plan to quilt mine on my own though. I too was rooting for the Packers...Favre is the whole reason I became a fan and the fact that he is with the Vikings really drives me wild...I can't quite hate him..ugh! If he takes the Vikings to the Superbowl...well I don't even know what I will say to that!

scraphappy said...

Now I am getting the urge to find my way back to the machine. If you can find time with your busy schedule, certainly I can squeeze it in somewhere. Our kids have a short week as well, so there should be free time in the evenings when I'm not planning lessons or grading papers.