Saturday, May 12, 2012

Three weeks later...

No excuses (cuz I could some up with loads!)  The reality is:  I'm here, I've been here, I just simply haven't shared anything in the past three weeks.  SORRY!!!
So here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks......

Spring starting to hit around the northern parts of Wisconsin.

The man and his machine; preparing the lower garden.

Left side of lower garden

Right side of lower garden

For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you've seen this picture.  Tsk-tsk.  Short story;  "Matthew was chasing me, and I turned to see if he was catching me and when I turned back around, BAM!  The pole was right there mom."
((Boys!))

No words necessary???? :)

Hmmmm....and now onto the work side of life.  Have you ever felt like this????    Ohhhh....I have been in a dark place for the past year, and was ready to EXPLODE with so much negativity present in my school building.  BUT.....two months ago, I HAD to do SOMETHING or I was going to go completely insane....

And although I have moved on with my new outlook and (partial) forgiveness, there are others who haven't reached my stage yet.  
If you really grasp onto the last line here....for me and my situation, it goes back to what Einstein quoted:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
For the most part, you can't change peoples perceptions or beliefs, so why try...over and over and over?  If you can't change it, but keep trying to change it, you can go insane.  
I've learned to let go of things I have no control over.
I've learned to complain less and breathe more.
I've learned to work within my sphere of influence.

HAPPY SATURDAY!

6 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Yep...gotta let it go (even though it's not easy!). Glad you posted - I was thinking of you yesterday while using that little flag fabric of yours.

scraphappy said...

God grant me the courage to change what I can..... You know that one, right? Sorry to hear that they are still giving you a difficult time at work. We have all been there, beating our heads against the same silly brick wall and wondering about the perpetual headache. I truly wish you had some better options, but there is only so much we can all control. Love the spring pictures. Looks like you are going to have a super busy summer! Can't wait for the harvest pictures and then the canning pictures. Glad you popped back in again, I was starting to wonder where all your quilting energy was going these days. Hope it all balances again soon.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for spring and ouch for boo boos!!

I hear you on the letting things go. A good reminder for me for when I have to deal with my boss who knows little of what I do but would like me to be more social. Kinda of hard to be social when there is no one to adequately back me up when I am out of the office. Or even do anything to help when I am in the office.

I hope things get better for you!!!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for spring and ouch for boo boos!!

I hear you on the letting things go. A good reminder for me for when I have to deal with my boss who knows little of what I do but would like me to be more social. Kinda of hard to be social when there is no one to adequately back me up when I am out of the office. Or even do anything to help when I am in the office.

I hope things get better for you!!!

Gari in AL said...

If you have learned all that you have learned a lot. And time will teach you that you get to learn it over and over again, and that's all right. DH teaches, too, and we always talk about why he is there..to teach the kids, not to make friends or make administrators like him. Has worked for 45 years.

Andee said...

We must be having parallel breakthroughs! I am glad things are getting better..if only in our heads!