Sunday, November 11, 2012

Orca Bay - FINALLY a finish!

84" x 93" Orca Bay
I'll let the pictures tell the story......



Ummm....well.  I HAD intentions of having this finished in September!  That's when it was loaded on the quilting frame anyway. :\



And then, since I still had half the day left, I loaded Ann Marie's quilt on the frame.  
I had enough motivation to finish all the quilting in one sitting!
The fabrics are AMAZING sea-life batiks;  I used a 'wave-like' pantograph and some a blendable taupe thread color. 
Such a shame that the weekend has to come to a close.  :\

10 comments:

scraphappy said...

Yea for you! So happy your quilting mojo came crack. Just in time to fire up for the new Bonnie Hunter mystery?

Nancy said...

They both look lovely... congrats on the finishes!

Pokey said...

I am happy for you, I admired your color choice and Orca Bay is a grand quilt! I was thinking the same thing, ARE you planning on joining Easy Street?
Enjoy Monday, too ~
:-}pokey

Angie said...

Gorgeous Orca Bay - love the colors! Doncha hate it when the weekend comes to a close just as you're hitting your quilting stride?!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo Congrats on getting your Orca Bay finished. I am still working on mine, slooooowwwwwwly. My quilt looks great. I know I have the binding laying around someplace, so it will be finished and ready to be used, soon after it makes it back to Florida. Glad I helped push your mojo back in the right direction. Now what colors are you doing Easy Street in???

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go! Now you're ready for the new mystery!

Andee said...

I agree...weekends finish a day or too sooner than I would like! Orca Bay is amazing and Anne Marie's quilt looks good too!

Andra Gayle said...

yay!!!! Good for you. Mine is still in a thousand pieces. I LOVE your colors, they look so great together!

Amanda said...

Orca Bay looks lovely. I used to feel the same and feel that we needed a three day weekend, one day for schoolwork, one day for housework and shopping and one day for myself.

Unknown said...

Great Job!