Sunday, January 24, 2010

No pics, but have been quilting; Math 8 Quilt Design winner

I didn't realize it's been a week since I last posted---I've been out-n-about all week reading blogs daily, but simply never got around to posting on my own.

I have finished Step 2 and 3 of Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Christmas, and have cut most of step 4.

This weekend, I hit the shelves at Walmart to find fabrics for the 3rd Annual Math 8 Best Quilt Design winner:
At this time, the name is Hannah's Rotation (yeah...boring! I'll talk with Hannah to see if she has any suggestions for a name).

pst....pst......I also purchased fabric for the runner-up as well this year, simply because I REALLY like it and won't take all that much effort to make.
I'm going to see if I can find some thin, black, bias iron-able tape that I've seen advertised in quilting magazines. Purpose: to use on the seams as shown in the picture---I THINK that's why I like this design----Jade (student) used a black sharpie to outline the pieces which makes it look like a stained-glass-window. Something new to try.... Tentative name: Jade's Heart

I'm tired tonight even though I really WISH I was motivated. The fabric for the quilts has been washed and partially pressed and cut already. I want to keep going, but the will just isn't strong enough tonight. My back is sore and "tired"---feeling lazy, and may just slide into the tub until half-time is over (Vikings vs. Saints). Maybe then I'll be recharged to tackle some more cutting and pressing.

Happy Sunday!

Weekly stash report to be announced later---I don't have my numbers readily available.

1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I think you should be exempt from this fabric since it's school related. Just here to help! Love the winners and I think this project rocks, as the kids say...or used to say. I am getting old, ya know. Have a great week!