Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chunky Churndash finished! Paintbox blocks done. Stash report March 15-21 & 22-28

Chunky Churndash finally sees a finish! Just in time to be gifted to my mother for her 60th birthday. The quilting was VERY simple! Stitch-in-ditch. I did not quilt this one in sections, and it's BIG! Gosh---NOW I remember why I like the quilting-in-sections method! I couldn't imagine doing anything elaborate while trying to control all the bulk under the arm. Yikes! But, it's done. Bound...and SOON to be labeled. Oh--it's pictured on our King size bed; it's meant for a full size bed--it should be just right.

I also finished up my last two sets of Paintbox blocks...

Set #9

Set #10

So all 80 blocks await time for me to piece them into the top.


Here-n-there throughout the day, I helped Cass set up her bead-loom kit. This was the first time we attempted it, and it went fairly smoothly.
By the time we packed it up for the day, she beaded two bracelets; one for herself and one for Candace.


I did not report my stash last week, so I'll report both weeks right now...
Stash Report: March 15-21
Used this week: 9.777 yards (curtains, backing for Snuggler)
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Used-to-date 2010: 87.081 yards
Purchased-to-date 2010: 86.25 yards
Net used: 0.831 yards
I'm in the BLACK!!!!! Yeah!!!!!

Stash Report: March 22-28
Used this week: 1.792 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Used-to-date 2010: 88.873 yards
Purchased-to-date 2010: 86.25 yards
Net used: 2.623 yards

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love seeing the stack of blocks waiting to be sewn together! Your daughter is adorable and she looks very proud of her bracelets!

Amanda said...

Your chunky churndash quilt looks lovely, blue and white together always look so good don't they. Your mother will be tickled pink I'm sure.

Candace said...

I'm sure that your mother will love her new quilt, it's beautiful. I love your paintbox blocks, you must have been really careful cutting those stripes, they don't look at all wonky like a couple of my blocks do. Mine are set aside for now too, I have other things to do first, but I'm anxious to get them finished. I see that your daughter takes after her mother and will be crafty, maybe even a quilter. She is very generous too, to have made one to share with her sister.
I love the new April blocks in your previous post, but will have to wait a few days, my brothers are coming to visit, and when they do they also do jobs for us. This time they are planning to do maintenance on our yard tools (mower, etc) and hang a new light in my dining room. I have very good brothers.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love that quilt! Love those blocks! And your daughter looks like she had fun!

Cornfield Quilter said...

Love the Chunky Churndash, kudos to you for quilting it too!! I love the paintbox blocks and have them on my list to make. They are just too cute.
Looks like your daughter is taking after you!! She is adorable. :D

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, darling daughter!
That is my favorite churn-dash style ever...i am not always so nuts about it but this version is perfect. Hope your mom had a great birthday and that she is still in perfect health...i am speaking from the perspective of age :]