Thursday, March 4, 2010

...**sigh**...

today is Thursday
which means (at LEAST) one happy thought enters my mind...
...
...
Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

I haven't sewed a stitch this week. I've been in bed by 9:00 latest every night
tired...
fighting a small head-cold these past couple of days, but I don't think that's the reason I've been tired...
school is getting to be a handful; discipline (an UN-ENDING battle), and deadlines looming...just...."avoidance" of what needs to be done; "procrastination" may be another good word.
BUT, students DO sometimes amaze me! Today, both of my 7th grade math classes were GOOD. I even had one of my boys (typically a TOTAL pill!) say to me "Skattebo (that's me)--this was actually FUN today!".
Ummm.....we were doing long division to change fractions to decimals AND setting up proportions. Not quite the typical "fun" day......?????
Oh well..... "What ever floats your boat!"
[[isn't that a fun saying???]]

Optimistically: I actually saw many lightbulbs turn on!!! FINALLY! Long division has been with them for a couple of years now; it's nice to see some of them finally figuring it out.


Happy Thursday
Here's to one more day before the weekend.

4 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Having a preteen tell you your math class was fun?
Priceless!

Congratulations! That had to have made your day!

Andra Gayle said...

as a teacher of 6th grade social studies, I am right there with you, feeling totally exhausted by the discipline issues. One more week until spring break for us. I can't wait for all that quilting time! Then just 9 more weeks!!!! We may make it to the end after all!

Amanda said...

I think it's the light bulb moments that keep many teachers in the job, they're worth all the aggravation.

Candace said...

Hope your cold is doing better and you have enough of the light bulb moments to make the un-ending battle easier to deal with. I know from the teacher's I know, the school situations are certainly different than in the 'old' days when I was in school.