Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rummy, Speed, and Parcheesi

Admittingly so, I am avoiding heading downstairs for quilting. I'm simply not in the mood....

Instead, I have been teaching Cassie how to play 500 Rummy (a game with many variations), how to play Speed (another good 'ol fun time game with many variations!) and we've played a board game of Parcheesi.

Now, she is kicking back with sister Caitlyn to play the Wii, and I think I'll dive into one of my Kindle books.

Please don't be disappointed in me :) But quilting.....nope.....just doesn't sound good today.

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You take it easy...put your feet up and relax!

Ray and Jeanne said...

There are no rules...
~Jeanne

scraphappy said...

Sometimes the mojo just isn't there. Makes us appreciate it more when it comes back. Some family time sounds like fun though.

Linda Lee said...

Sounds to me that you had a relaxing day with the girls and taking time for yourself! Enjoy your day off of school tomorrow also.

Andee said...

Well quality family time and reading time are important...don't be too hard on yourself. We will be here when you get back to quilting!

Amanda said...

I think when you're working full time you should just do what needs to be done at the weekend and after that do what makes you happy.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Sometimes life gets in the way of quilting. But it is better to play those board games with the little ones now, because they will be all grown and in college before you know it, then you will have lots of time to quilt. Ask me how I know that?