Saturday, August 11, 2012

Freeze Frame - Quiltathon complete :)

Freeze Frame (69" x 86")
This morning, the final two hour clues (#11 & #12) were completed;  a load of nested borders!  But they didn't get the best of me :)

Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month is "teal."  I don't have any scrap teals, but I did burn through over a yard-n-a-half of teal yardage with all of these borders.

I would LOVE to load it on the frame right away;  I am absoLUTEly in love with this one!  I haven't sewed with fun, bright, jewel-toned fabrics in such a long time;  I loved every time I had to press the borders because I was able to look at the border blocks.  Really "happy" fabrics!
Anyway---yes, I would love to load it on the frame, but I still have Star Harbor loaded, and I don't think it will see much (any?) action today.  The tomatoes and chickens are screaming my name for the afternoon.  I'm in charge of making chicken stock---for the first time.

I hope your Saturday is amazing!  The weather here is GORGEOUS!!!!  Sunny and LOW LOW LOW humidity.

If you missed my 1000th post, consider taking a moment to read it?  I don't think you'll be too disappointed.

15 comments:

Candace said...

Wow is all I can say. Perfect borders and the brights are awesome. I'll bet you have plenty of volunteers to take this one off your hands. Enjoy your outdoor chores in that gorgeous weather. Chicken stock sounds kind of hot, but I live in Florida, lol.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Beautiful!! The teal in the borders makes everything else just POP. The perfect color!

Angie said...

So striking! What a great, happy project!

Linda Lee said...

Looking good! I love the bold colors. Each color sets off another one!

Deb A said...

It came out great! Love the teal and bright colors.

Edith said...

I certainly understand how you could LOVE this beautiful bright quilt, lovely teal borders.

Elly D said...

WOW! this is beautiful Amy :) Love it!

Gill said...

Fabulous! I love it!

Pokey said...

Yea!! Another finish for the summer, before the "s" word, lol ~
:-}pokey

Andee said...

I know I said it on facebook, but had to comment again. I really think the borders really make this quilt...I LOVE it too! Makes me smile!

Amanda said...

I really, really like this quilt, the modern look, the bright colours, the borders everything. And good luck with the chicken stock.

scraphappy said...

What a fun pattern that turned out to be! Love the bright colors! Congratulations on powering through all those borders in record time!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's fabulous...it just sparkles!

Ellen said...

Oooh I love it! I have added this one to my 'to do' list. I am sure I read all of your posts about this quiltathon but I don't recall what size the quilt is.

Linda said...

This is just beautiful! So simple and striking!