Thursday, March 14, 2013

Double Rainbow, and Virtual Trip update

**GASP**
Yes folks... you see correctly!  It's an actual lil' bit of a quilting post :)
I made the trek downstairs yesterday to the quilting room, looked around... and grabbed my 2011 and 2012 Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  They seem to work out nicely together.
Now... we'll see if I find time this weekend to work on them. 

I was a bit under the weather yesterday; had a Clinic visit even.  All is well;  antibiotics working their magic, but still enough to keep me draggin' butt for most of the day.

Until... after school!

The weather today was GORGEOUS!!!!  Little to no wind;  sunshine and low 40s!  What a beautiful afternoon.

So, of COURSE, the shoes got laced up for a quick, short run.
I can't remember the last time I've hit a pace under 9:00/miles.  It felt soooo good to just stretch out the stride.

AND...so far in March, almost 60 miles.  Kinda crazy to think that I ran a TOTAL of 62 miles last year.   TOTAL!  I'll be surpassing that tomorrow night most certainly.

Virtual Trip update
Kevin actually trusts me enough to share the name of his town... {{cue sinister snickering laugh}} LOL
So, I'm now leaving Amy's house, and continuing along my merry way...
474 miles will get me to Kevin's :)

Happy PI DAY TOO!

6 comments:

Andee said...

Glad you are feeling better! Your blocks look great I am sure you will put them together like magic!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Love the rainbow blocks! Glad you got your run in over the rainbow! I wish you were really here! I went on a shop hop today!

Dee said...

Must be some good antibiotics! Glad you got your energy back. Your rainbow blocks are also looking very bright and cheerful.

scraphappy said...

Quilt blocks -- WOOOHOOO. I really feel like I should start running north to meet you in the middle somewhere. Your running streak is going strong!

Linda said...

I'm glad you're feeling better too.

I love what you're doing with these. I'm working on rainbow blocks like this too. I'm just a little behind doing the Boxed In Block or whatever it's called. I like it alot and just started it this year for the Rainbow challenge. I love it.

Your running is wonderful too. Good for you, keep it up!

Laurel said...

Wave when you pass Port Washington on your virtual trip!