Saturday, July 19, 2008

OC "done-done"

TADA!!


WOO-HOO! As hoped, I was able to finish quilting the OC today. Final dimensions are 68"x76". Perfect for a twin bed, OR as a wonderful couch snuggler (which is what it will most likely get used for up at the farm).



The quilting is a simple non-thinking meander and was finished lightening-quick. I used a swirvy-back-n-forth in the borders and left the pieced border plain. I had excess of the dark brown fabric, so I used that as the binding. I really wanted to use orange, but I didn't have anywhere NEAR enough (not even bits-n-pieces of different oranges).

The backing was posted yesterday, but here is another shot with the front also.

I know we all say we "love" our quilts, but......I REALLLLLY love this quilt :0) I used thinsulate batting that was given to me from a friend of the family. I like this batting; light, yet warm! And very easy to quilt.....

So.....number 5 of Peg's July Challenge has been met, but I still have others downstairs calling my name. Cathy's Aunt Sukey is still in the process of hand-sewing the three quilted pieces together; the baby quilt is still being hand-quilted, hmmmmm......what to work on next downstairs???? I think I may want work on my Spinning Rails next (from my left over CC rails).


Once I came upstairs after completing the OC, I found grandma playing with the girls, and grandpa resting on the couch. Clearly, he had had some beautifying by some lil' lady......*grin*

Happy Quilting

15 comments:

Donna said...

Love how your OC turned out. Mine is still needing to be quilted. Don't you just love your Bernina!

Pattie D said...

Amy,
I really like your quilt...bright fun colors. The green spinning stars pop off the quilt, I love that...great job! Thanks for sharing it with us

Amanda said...

Well done you, it looks great. I love the border. I've nearly finished quilting mine but have had to stop to make a really quick quilt for my mother in law.

Erika said...

I really like your OC quilt. Love the green with the orange.
Still pondering how to finish mine. :-)

Katie said...

I love it! Your OC is wonderful. I've quilted one quilt on my 440. I need to get on and do another!

Judy Z said...

Amy.
Nice job on your OC. I love how it looks. Seems like you had loads of fun with your new Bernina. Granpa looks cute too, LOL.
Judy Z

Cornfield Quilter said...

Great job!! It looks wonderful, and it's great all the things you can do on your domestic sewing machine!!
BTW, what did Grandpa have to say when he woke up? Any pictures of that??? :D Have a great weekend!

Nancy said...

Wow!! I love the green accents, they really make the quilt pop. I must not have made a lot of the small HST units to use in a border.... don't think I have enough. But I think they look really cool....... they drawer your eye out to the edge.

Well Done!!

Nancy

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on finishing your OC quilt! I really like your border. You finished the challenge, too! Way to go.

Debbi said...

Your quilt looks great! I love the green. Congrats on getting it done.

Lise in Norway said...

Congrats with your OC finish it looks great

Helen in the UK said...

I love the way your OC has turned out. The green of the borders really brings out the stars in the quilt. FABULOUS!! No wonder you're in love with it :)

Candace said...

Wow, your OC is gorgeous, I hope mine ends up half as pretty. I love the green. Your dad looks like a good sport

Threeundertwo said...

Just surfed over to look at what people have finished - that is Gorgeous! I love the colors! I need to go find that pattern, it really pops.

Andee said...

Taking your Bonnie tour with my morning cup of coffee (shh I know it is afternoon or nearly so for you!).