Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back home with things to do...

Entered the driveway about 2 hours ago, back home with 2 of the 3 girls, and have been on the go-go-go since turning the ignition off. Sadly, I haven't even unpacked the car yet; it was the immediate fight for the bathroom after a 2.5 hour drive, and then animals to feed and water, and a garden that hadn't seen me since Thursday.

Oh boy. As badly as I just want to keep my feet up on the ottoman and relax, it ain't happenin'!

Originally, I was meant to be home last night already while DH stayed through today so he could work for his sister, but DH's family reunion kept us entertained, and it got later and later and later. THEN, once I decided at 7:30 that I would be staying the night, he said..."GOOD! Let's go out!" He had lunch with MY HS best friend on Friday and she informed him that "the hometown" was having a street dance Sat. evening. I am not much of a party-person; I enjoy my home-body life; kinda strange because I come across as an extreme extrovert to others. Anyway---after sequestering my parents for yet one more night of watching the girls, DH and I headed out to just see what would come to be at this street-dance. My HS best-friend is the head-organizer for the event, and it truly ended up being a BIG success! The live-band was great; the crowd was HUGE; and no big need for the ions of bicep-buldging security guards posted along the entire perimeter of the "beer-fence". {{yeah, many females were oogling and googling over some of those biceps. They were quite yummy looking, I'll admit!}} I found myself people-watching a lot (and yes, even had one beer)---I saw a good amount of my HS classmates; a couple I was estatic to see and others not so. I even ran into my Dad (parents are divorced, so I don't see him much). The band played until 11:00, and DH wasn't ready to have the evening end yet, so we strolled into one of the local establishments where my Dad said he would be. Finally, around 12:30, I gave DH the puppy-dog eyes and asked if he was ready to go. NOT that I wasn't having an okay time, but.....I was STARVING!!!!! So...off to the "afterhours" eatery for a later-than-midnight-snack. ;0) We finally rolled back into my parent's yard at 1:30. I haven't been out that late in awhile; definitely not a spring chicken anymore, but it WAS a fun evening.

Anyway---I don't know if I foresee a lot of quilting this week. I really don't have any plans set. I figure if I can tackle some canning tonight and some laundry, tomorrow could be a cleaning day....{{shrug}}....we'll see.

Happy Sunday

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Amy, it sounds like a perfect weekend and the street party sounds like tons of fun!

scraphappy said...

It sounds like you've got plenty to keep you busy for the next week without quilting in the mix. Which daughter stayed behind for the extra week? This is the VBS week isn't it? Glad you were able to get out and have a little fun, though I'm with you in preferring to be at home in PJs at that hour.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend which is just what you needed after the camp all week, I think! Enjoy your last couple of weeks before school starts!!!