Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Some BOM preppin...

Since I tackled the four/week Midget blocks this morning, I didn't feel so pressed to push anymore out (unlike Angela! Psht---over-achiever that she is!) ;0)

Once we arrived back from my appointment and had a snack, I was free to play around in my sewing room until dinner. As I've said numerous times in recent posts, summer vacation is tick-tockin' away and I still have the October BOM to make sure I don't "forget" to do...so.....

...with a lil' bit of cheating this time around, I'm using two original blocks from Quilter's Cache that I've been eyeing up ever since the beginning of this BOM. The 3rd block being planned is again a traditional one. I've been trying to be frugal and using up as many odds-n-ends pieces from my reserved pile of fabs for this BOM (since this will be the last of the BOM for the year). I have a feeling I'll make up a "bonus block" (or two) with any left over pieces I'll have, but for now......ALMOST all three blocks are prepped! The one pictured on the left needs more time, but dinner time rolled around, and I'm parenting solo tonight (with a storm rolling through), so I can't really get back downstairs.....at least not until the girls fall asleep. And by that time, I probably won't feel like getting back downstairs ;0)

Oh yeah....movie of choice....The Patriot with Mel Gibson. I ended up getting about half way through it before I needed to shut things down...

Happy Tuesday (again)

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh, The Patriot.... I was actually thinking of that movie yesterday! HA!!

Way to go on getting the last 3 blocks prepped!!! :)

Candace said...

I'm so far behind, but hope to catch up. I need to finish my first round and think of some new colors for the last 15 blocks. Only have 12 done now.