Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pineapple Blossoms - DONE; Volleyball beginnings...

Whew! At least the lack of motivation yesterday wasn't contagious to today....
The pantograph used: Chinese Crescents. Bobbins used: ummm....10? Quilting time (loading to finish): ummmm.....6-7 hours? {I guess I didn't keep excellent records for this quilt}. Both the customer and myself felt this pantograph was very fitting due to the orientalness of it; her plans for the quilt will be to gift it to her Nephew & wife for their anniversary and they currently reside in Japan. Feels good to have it done ahead of schedule :0)!!!!

See the whole quilt here...

Two days into volleyball practice and I realize that I have not updated my blogging world with my Assistant Coach news. My second assistant coaching position was filled a week-n-half ago with a previous Junior Highschool coach. She has 5 years under her belt and was ready and interested to "move up" in the world of volleyball. SO, BOTH my assistant coaching positions are filled, and we're rockin'-n-rollin' in try-outs right now. Whew-eeee......TOUGH YEAR for decision making, though! I graduated 6 seniors last year, so only have 3 returning players. Talented group of girls are bustin' their butts for the open Varsity spots, in addition to the turn-over that Junior Varsity is also facing. Not a whole lot of stress (yet); tomorrow afternoon might be a different story though when the final team selections need to be made.

Happy Tuesday :0)

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love the final result on Pineapple Blossom. It looks so professional. Must feel great to be taking in money, you'll have the new quilting system paid off before you know it! Glad you have more coaches on the team. It would have been a long hard season without some extra help. Hope you are still able to get in some time with your machine though. Volleyball season is LONG.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Amy! That quilt RAWKS (as the kids say) I love the pattern and the fabrics. Nice one!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

The quilt looks great!! And hooray for the filled coaching positions!!! Good luck with the team positions!