Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Midget 5 & 6 progress

Yup, yup.....headed downstairs after dinner (YUMMMMY pork sholder roast, mashed potatoes -n- gravy....typical meat-n-potatoes meal). I was working on Midget #5-Pineapple, but then started up on #6: Palm and fed each block under the machine, one after another. Movie of choice: Horton Hears a Who (...."a person's a person, no matter how small"...). {{I'm going to run out of "midget-minded" movie titles soon though}}. This is the extent of my piecing for the duration of the movie. I hope to finish them up today AND piece #7 & #8 before needing to leave for my Doc appt.

Another scorcher with opressive humidity today!!!! NOT a good week for HS Football to start! The forecast all week is 90's with humidity to make it feel near 100. Our school holds practices in the evening hours (5-9, I think). But still.....ugh!


UPDATE
THANKS JILL! I hadn't been reading Sentimental Stitch's regular blog posts lately, so...when she posted her 116th block post, she informed her readers that she'll be retiring the first 55 Midget blocks, so.....I spent the past hour saving ALL 116 blocks. Alright ... I guess that means I'm in it for good now, huh?

7 comments:

Nancy said...

But Wisconsin is north of Pennsylvania.... doesn't north mean cold??!!! :o)

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That is a totally cool block, but when I think of how small it is, I just keep thinking "are you nuts?" LOL! Hang in there with the heat and humidity. We're having the same thing here in MI. I could have sworn that you could put the air in a bowl yesterday, as it was so thick!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are such a bad influence! I am trying to resist playing with these tiny blocks!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Just reading the other comments... Tell Quilter Kathy that she should stop resisting the temptation and download the blocks to do the Quilt Along with us!!! lol

Great movie choice for these blocks!! lol

Melissa said...

Tyler starts practice tomorrow morning, 8:30-11:30 I think. My thermometer said 86 at 10 to 8 this morning.

scraphappy said...

You are definitely in for good. I don't want to embark on this insanity alone, and it looks like Jill isn't starting for another couple of months. We'll be half done by then! OK, so maybe not quite that far along, but we are ahead of the one a week at least. At that rate it will take three and a half years.
How about The Incredible Shrinking woman, Honey I shrunk the kids, Bugs Life or Ant Bully?
Oh, forgot to say, the blocks look great! You found the perfect fabrics.

scraphappy said...

Wizard of OZ!