Saturday, June 9, 2012

Another UFO reaches Flimsy stage

"Scrappy Picnic" (74" x 74")

I was awake bright-n-early at 4:30 this morning.  We slept with the windows open (temps are predicted to hit 90 degrees today; summer is here!), and the curtain blew over a piggy bank, which woke me up.  I just laid there, eyes tightly closed against the slowly lighting sky, listening to the early birds singing.... and just said PHST!  Time to start my day.

So coffee, bagel and lots of blog reading later, I was downstairs by 6 AM, tidying up.  Within minutes of tidying, I found my Scrappy Picnic blocks from 2010's June early morning inspiration.  I guess it's only fitting that another June early morning found some motivation to put the finishing touches on the quilt top.

Three hours were spent piecing the rows and adding the borders.  I have now spent close to 8.5 hours working on this quilt.  The pattern is a Moda Bakeshop:  Avignon Picnic.

Now, time to nibble on some FRESH-n-WARM homemade donuts Paul is making.  Oh, the bad, bad man... they are soooooooo yummy, but oh so not-so-good for you. :D

2 comments:

soscrappy said...

Beautiful! Glad you got these put together, it is such a fun pattern. Guessing you won't be burning the midnight oil tonight after your early start.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Such a cute scrappy quilt. I just headed right on over to Moda Bake Shop and downloaded the pattern. I wonder if we will be granted one year of additional life for every pattern we download? Even an additional week would add up! :)