Saturday, November 23, 2013

10 hours in my sewing room - Easy Street and others

6:30 AM, and I was strolling into my quilting room.  I brought NO schoolwork home this weekend seeing that we teachers have 2 days worth of inservice on Monday & Tuesday while the kiddos have the entire week off.  Therefore, I'll plan to get some of my planning done during a couple of hours of worktime on Tuesday afternoon.

Therefore, I could FINALLY devote my undivided attention to my sewing room!  {{almost}}  From time to time, I did need to provide some meals on the table for Candace and Caitlyn.

My main project today:  Lazy Sunday.  Last weekend, I had left off piecing the sashing to the 2nd row before my bobbin thread ran out.  Hence, I wound 6 bobbins worth to start off the day, and then got to work.

I haven't done a "time-lapse" post in quite some time;  it's kind of a neat way to keep track of how fast/slow certain parts of quilting are.

A few hours into the morning, the center of Lazy Sunday was pieced.  I had also been piecing the border units as my leaders-enders, so I was making some good progress.

And then........
I forgot to continue with the time-lapse pictures!!! Whoops....
I simply was in a mode, and it was go-go-go;  and in the background, I was catching up on Bonnie's quiltcams from the past couple of months.

By mid-afternoon:  Lazy Sunday pieced!  77"x97".

Can I get an....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  ?
LOL

All the while, I was organizing up the leader-ender section;  failed to take a picture of that though.  "Omigosh" continues to be my main leader-ender project.  Perhaps in 4 years, at this pace, it may actually be completed SOLELY as leader-ender :)

THEN, I wanted to truly have an idea of how many quilt-tops I had hanging around, waiting OH WAITING to eventually be loaded into the quilting frame for some fancy-schmancy quilting.

The newest flimsy from last weekend:  Confetti (48"x48)

Bonnie's 2012-13 mystery:  Easy Street (85"x85")

Bonnie's Jamestown Landing (84"x96")

Bonnie's Smith Mountain Morning (72"x82")

RWB Heartstrings, but after seeing it in pictures.....nopers.  It's not ready for quilting!  I foresee 18 more RWB string blocks for placement on the left-and-right sides.  This layout.....eh.  It doesn't work.  It's unfinished!

Rainbow Scrap (from 2011? I think) (42"x56")

2010 BOM - 18 block RWB (58.5"x72")
HMMM......Alycia, if you happen to catch this post, let me know if you (or anyone you know) would be willing to take the top as-is and get it quilted up as a QOV ???  I'd rather get this into the arms of a recipient sooner-than-later; and at this rate..... in my basement.... it would be MUCH "later" than sooner.

Frost 25 (73"x73")

Freeze Frame (69"x86")

And not to mention a flannel snuggler quilt that was packed away in a different bin.  And I'm sure I have another one around the basement ... somewhere!  So, with ALL of these 100% ready for backings to be pieced or loaded directly into the frame....

I figured I simply needed to put some time on Wafer Cookies!  Which I did.  For a little while.
and then.....
The afternoon sloggies took hold.  And I was ready to be done.

I had a slightly restless night, playing "mommy" to Caitlyn.  She wasn't feeling well at school yesterday, and ALMOST lasted the whole day.  But, at 1:50, the elementary secretary walked her down to my classroom.  Even a "mom-hug" wasn't enough.  So, with some amazing coworkers helping out, I was on the way out the door of the school with Caitlyn next to me by 2:15.  And by 2:50... **sigh** ...  she officially proved to me that she was indeed sick.

By 10:00, THANKFULLY, she dozed off to sleep on the couch.  

Her sister, on the other hand; WIDE AWAKE watching Doc McStuffins.

Therefore, I figured I'd try to pass the time with some crochet.  The Hallmark channel has been the background noise of choice most evenings, and last night wasn't any different (until I allowed Candace to watch some Disney) :)
These blocks, along with probably one more, will be sewn together to make a simple lil' Christmas table runner for our piano.

There ya go, folks.  The list of flimsies is a bit..... overwhelming!  BUT, at least my sewing tables are clean and tidied.  My leader-ender section is freshly organized.  My "big" WIPs have reached an acceptable stage for folding or stashing on a shelf.

I'm READY for Friday's Clue #1.

OH WAIT!  
Crud!  
LOL
No I'm not!!!  
I completely forgot to pull fabrics.
:}
Oh well...tomorrow is another day.  I don't think I have enough energy left in me to spend any more time in the sewing room tonight.  Instead, I'll grab my crochet hook for the evening.
Happy Saturday!

8 comments:

soscrappy said...

Truly an impressive list of flimsies in waiting! The hardest part is figuring out which one to finish first. I vote Jamestown Landing. I have a green on done that is just waiting for borders and seeing yours on the frame would inspire me. Glad you will have some time off next week. Two teachers days to catch up sounds like a blessing this time of year.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love your parade of flimsies!

Once you hit your sewing room, you are a machine! You always make such amazing progess!

Amanda said...

Golly, what a busy day. But, that list of flimsies! It would drive me round the bend to have that many sitting there and not being used or displayed. Would one a month next year see them off? Hope the bug doesn't do the rounds.

Dee said...

You may have a lot of tops needing quilting, but they're all beautiful! I loved seeing them laid out like that. They're also quite big and I can see a lot of work went into each one. Have fun with the new Bonnie mystery!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a fantastic parade of quilt projects... aren't you so amazed and impressed that YOU made each and every one of those treasures?!?! Wow... I sure am!
So glad you will be joining in on the new mystery... so much fun!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Your tops are wonderful Amy! I loved seeing all of them! Let's make a deal and have you teach me how to quilt on your long arm, and I will get them quilted for you then!?!?!?!? LOL Hope little girl is feeling better!

Andee said...

Way to go on all those flimsys! I love your Lazy Sunday and Easy street and well all the Bonnie ones especially! Sorry about the sick kiddo! The girls' hair turned out great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Holy Cow you get a lot done in a day!!! Email me and we will work out getting that tp quilted. You should just stay and quilt all day - no school ;-)