Sunday, November 3, 2013

Back in the saddle

Due to a request from dear friend, I needed to get back to my quilting life!  My friend and his wife have just been given full custody of a sweet 'lil girl, and as a way to welcome her to her new (permanent?) home, they have asked me to make a quilt for her.
It truly didn't take me too long to find some fun girl colors, although finding a pattern was a different story.  (See that stack of magazines in the back?)  I wanted the pattern to be an easier one in order to have a quick finish, but yet be super adorable and "girly."

I'm pretty sure this will be perfect.

And, OH how I wish I had more energy to keep working away on it.  I'm sure if I was working at 100% health, I could actually have the entire quilt finished today, specially with the extra hour from Day Light's Savings.  However, I am now into day #8 of a "bug"... and I dare say that it has now turned bronchial (my non-professional diagnosis).  I'm tired of coughing.  

So, I'm going to sit for the next few hours with my crochet hook.  I should at least make progress on SOMETHING.  :)  I finished up the 32 additional motifs last night, and started attaching them together this morning.  Now that I see the layout in pictures, I think I'm simply going to have to make 5 more motifs in order to have the right-side finish off like the left side -- symmetrical that way.

6 comments:

Andee said...

Your girlie quilt is going to be awesome! You found a perfect pattern for that. Loving your crochet project. Seriously makes me need to make one, lol! Hope you feel better SOON!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The quilt for your friends new daughter is sweet! She will treasure it I"m sure.

So sorry to hear you've been sick for so long. I hope you're back to 100% soon!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well! Better get it checked out and be safe than sorry! That's my clinical reasoning! That little girl's quilt is gonna be adorable! Can't wait to see your crocheted project finished!

scraphappy said...

Even at less than full health, you still got an impressive amount done. What a super adorable girl quilt pattern. Looks like it will fit the bill quite nicely. At some point a bug does get to the point when a round of antibiotics might be in order, are you there yet?

Linda Lee said...

I hope you are feeling much better soon. I made that quilt for Kasey a couple of years ago...Turns out great! It will definitely be loved.

Amanda said...

Sorry you're feeling a bit under the weather; go and see the doctor! Was it good to do some quilting again, or were you itching to get back to the crochet?