Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tidying loose ends -- Confetti, RWB Pineapple Blossoms, and Lazy Sunday

Today was the first substantial time spent in my sewing room in QUITE some time -- July, maybe?  Recall, my month of August was filled with my new obsession of crochet;  and then, of course, school started in September.

I dare say this is my first COMPLETE weekend home since school began.  Both days!  And I can stay in my PJs!!!!  And despite needing to tackle piles and piles of laundry, today... I still sewed!

Bonnie's Celtic Solstice mystery is drawing closer;  less then 2 weeks.  I will ALWAYS take part in a Bonnie mystery;  they simply are be-YOND amazing designs!

Therefore, I wanted to just clear my head and organize the umpteen projects in various stages in order to be ready for the mystery.

The crib quilt for a friend didn't take much effort to get to flimsy stage.  There is no longer a rush on the quilt, but I'd still like to get it to a finished state sooner than later.  
Pattern:  Confetti, Quiltmaker March/April 2010.
Super quick and easy!

Next was to take care of the stacks of pieces/units for the RWB Pineapple Blossom quilt that was started (and left) back in June.    At the same time, I had some Leaders-Enders in the works for the Lazy Sunday border units.

It took longer than expected to finish up all 40 pineapple blocks; probably because I double-sewed, pieced and trimmed up the bonus triangles into 40 bonus pinwheel blocks to be utilized in the border.
Those have now been set aside for some day in the future.  My layout will be the same as my last Pineapple Blossom quilt.

My full attention then moved onto piecing Lazy Sunday blocks with sashing, all the while, continuing with the border units as my leader-enders.

I was midway through the second row when my bobbin thread ran out, nor did I have any more bobbins prepped.  Therefore, I took that as a sign to call it a day.  Seven hours is still WAY more than I've sewed in months.

Now... I'll relax with my feet up with my crochet hook in-hand to work on Cassie's Laker Ripple afghan.

Happy Saturday.  Truly.

7 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

Look at you go Amy! You got quite a lot accomplished! That confetti quilt is adorable, and I can't wait to see your patriotic pineapple blossom quilt. And HOORAY! I am so happy you are joining in yet another Bonnie mystery! You and Andee in AZ are true Bonnie junkies, and I am on my way there with you!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Glad to see you're spending time in your sewing room again! You always accomplish so much!

Andee said...

Love it that you are in your happy place! You made amazing progress! Love the bright colors in your Lazy Sunday. :)

Amanda said...

Did your time in the sewing room revive your sewing mojo?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you!!! This is our first weekend of having one whole day at home too - how does that happen.
You made the best of it!!

Linda said...

Way to go, Amy...these look great. I love your little Confetti quilt and all the crocheting you've been doing too. It's hard to do everything...take care.

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad to see you had some sewing time!
And great news that you will be sewing along with the mystery!