Sunday, October 14, 2012

A family weekend

Yes, my blog has been very silent the past few days.  We've been up in Ashland, WI--just getting away and enjoying some time together with family.

Cass and I started the dismally misty Saturday morning out by running a 5K together (at least up until mile 1.5).  She kept going at a decent pace, while I backed off and enjoyed the rest of the race with some walks.  I kept saying that my excuse was going to be that I wanted the top male 10K'er to pass me by the time I crossed the finish line, but.... he never did.  I guess that means I did okay :)

The rest of the day, we did absolutely NOTHING!  We sat in the living room...relaxed... and watched one chick flick after another on the Hallmark channel.  

And then this morning, at 9:30, the three girls and myself headed out to the woods for a lil' nature walk.

We tried to find the perfect "leaning log" for a picture, and we thought we did... until Candace sat down.  LOL.  It was quite a giggle fest!

We found another one, but the girls were more interested in walking across it than having a picture taken on it. :)

Eventually, Paul caught up with us...and we continued to hike around for the next hour or so.




Any hunter knows what this is!  Nice Buck-rub.



AND we eventually found the perfect log for an impromptu family picture.  Who needs expensive photographers and fancy-schmancy outfits for family pictures?  

As always, I hope you found your enjoyment over the weekend as well.
Can you believe it's the middle of OCTOBER!!?!?!

5 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That last one can be your Christmas card picture. Very nice.

Andra Gayle said...

Looks like tons of fun and great family time! Looks like it is really cold already. We are still in shorts once the morning chill has burned off. Still running the AC and ceiling fans at night.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Looks like a great weekend was had by all. Middle of October and only 72 days till Christmas...........where has this year gone. Love the family photo........that is keeping it real! I like the keeping it real photos.

Amanda said...

You look about twelve in the first picture!! Sounds like a great family outing, and that's a terrific family picture. Did you find a friendly bear passing by to take it for you?

Linda Lee said...

Awesome pictures..It was a perfect weekend to spend some time in the woods. Great family picture too!