Saturday, November 27, 2010

Morning Run top done; Angie's started

Arrived back home around 4:00 today...had to unload, feed animals (and us!) ;0)
Started laundry---you know....all the blah-ey stuff that needs to be done after being gone for a few days.

I EVEN brought up all the Christmas decorations and set the tree up. The girls then decorated it while I took care of some house tidying and other Christmas decoration stuff....

And it was only 8:00, so....rather than waste the time, I headed downstairs.

The first load of laundry I threw in was of the fabrics for Angie's quilt---no name in mind yet, so for now, it's being called Angie's teals...
BUT...
First things first; I needed to finish up the final borders on Morning Run before I would allow myself to dive into the lovely lovely fabrics....


Morning Run (72" x 92")


No intention of quilting it quite yet; that'll come soon enough though.

And then....

the new fabrics.....oooohhh......there IS something about pressing neatly and cutting into a new set of fabrics. I really really reallllllly like these!!!!! I don't have anything like them in my stash, but the "family" of these fabrics were on sale 40% off.....it was meant to be!!!

You can probably tell, I'm making a very simple disappearing nine-patch with them. Each larger focal square is cut 8", (7.5" finished.) I had COMPLETE intentions of having them finish at 8", but after washing them, I ONLY had 40.5 working inches of WOF....it really shrunk down a bit from washing, having started at 43"!!! GOOD THING I pre-washed! That's a lot of shrinkage; just maybe too much to have waited until the end. Hmm...maybe a lesson being learned here. Anyway, I needed 5 squares from each WOF strip in order for my pattern to work out nicely, so I needed to reduce the 8.5" planned cuts to 8". Psht...minor.

Anyway...tomorrow, I hope to spend much of the day quilting, and just MAYBE be able to get Angie's quilt top finished???

3 comments:

Toni said...

Love how the horse panel turned out! Did you add that border with the squares/green on point? That is really neat!

OOOoo I love your new fabrics as well! :)

Charlene S said...

Those teal fabrics are lovely. Any girl would love Morning Run!

scraphappy said...

Oh, those new fabrics are just too pretty for words. They will look so pretty in a DNP. The horse quilt really looks nice. Wait, let me guess, you'll be using a pantograph to quilt it? Hope you had time to get to it today. Good thing the next step of the mystery is pretty simple.