Saturday, November 13, 2010

What happened to my "ME" day???

DH's pleading.....that's what!

That would be DH's body you see there...pulling stakes out from the pigpen area......

So who's driving the tractor???? ME!


And since I was out there, I figured I'd get some pictures......

As I was taking this picture of the trees, I suddenly paid attention to the FOREGROUND! Can you determine what that red piece of machinery is????

Yeah..that'd be the snowblower attachment!

Ummm....looks like DH has some other "get-ready-for-snow" prep to do later today.....

...because this MOWER sure isn't going to get the job done anymore....

As we finished and I was driving the tractor back to the garage...

...we witnessed one of the first casualties of the 2010 snow season. By the time we realized what had happened, two other good samaritans traveling by already stopped and were hookin' up to pull this lil' blue car out of the ditch.....

Ahhhhh......welcome Winter 2010!!!




BEFORE DH's pleading, I did manage to finish up Judy's June Mystery quilt with the final borders. Oh boy-----I need a name for this quilt! Tired of calling it Judy's June Mystery.......



And I pulled fabrics that I will most likely be using in Bonnie's Roll, Roll, Cottonboll mystery quilt....

The blues were tickling my fancy better than any greens I had in my stash. And some of the pinks make me say..."ehh...." but I'm game to use them up!!!

Okay---this ended up being a good break anyway---lunch is on the stove, and afterwards, I hope to get back downstairs for Round #2 of an Almost "ME" day....

Happy Saturday!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I like the colors you used in the mystery quilt.
The snow does not look good to me. Seems too early to be dealing with that much snow.

kathy said...

Your mystery quilt is very pretty - reminds me of pink lemonade, maybe with brownies!

knitwit said...

Love your choices for the mystery quilt, also like the look of your first snow. Glad you got some sewing time today.
Ruth

Jackie's Stitches said...

The snow is gorgeous! I know - easy for me to say because I don't have to live in it. Glad to see there was someone nearby to help the driver out of the ditch.

Andee said...

Despite all that snow you got quite a bit done! I did lots of putzing at quilt camp...I think you actually accomplished more at home! Liking the fabrics you picked too..I need to do that part!

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go finishing up the June mystery...mine is still borderless! Lucky you getting all that snow already!