Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Night Sew in (UPDATE)

Yeah...so....

Mr. UPS guy shows up at 6:00 pm with my package of fabric I ordered earlier this week.

I had been looking through some quilt magazines Tuesday night, enjoying some down-time. This quilt caught my eye; DH had spoken to me a month or so back wondering if I would be willing to make a quilt for the daughter of his head contractor. She loves horses, but I simply have not come across anything that I deemed worth making for her; too many horse fabrics are "tacky" and "BLAH" looking. So, I had started the In Flight quilt with her in mind.

BUT NOW....

This quilt seems to be right in line for the 12 year old daughter.

So....In Flight was set aside for the time being and Morning Run has taken over full control of the machine and ironing board.

I purchased the center panel and the outer border fabric, but the rest is coming from my stash. The panel and border fabric have already been through the washer and are currently in the dryer. I started cutting and piecing some of the units for the inner border but I'm taking a break (maybe for the rest of the night??) in order to sit and cuddle with the girls and watch a movie.

While I was on that site, I also decided to splurge on a Moda Jelly roll (Fandango) with the pattern "Random Reflections" in mind.

So....definitely looking forward to another day of quilting tomorrow and perhaps later tonight once the movie is over and the girls are tucked off in to bed.

SAT AM UPDATE
I pieced the first units together, pressed, and trimmed, ready for the center panel.

5 comments:

Linda Lee said...

Any 12 year old girl who loves horses will LOVE this quilt!

Toni said...

How did your Friday night sewing go? I think your girls will love the horses!

scraphappy said...

What a great horse quilt. Glad you found just the right pattern. It looks like you are jumping back into quilting with both feet. Random Reflections is going to be a great quilt, so fun to have a nicely coordinated jelly roll to play with. Welcome back.

Candace said...

You are definitely in the thick of things, looks like some great projects and some really great fabrics.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That horse fabric looks cool! I can understand putting off in flight to work on that quilt. :)