Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring has Sprung challenge - completed [Crochet]

Mikey at the Crochet Crowd issued out a "Spring has Sprung" challenge a few weeks ago.  I elected to create the crib afghan challenge using up some of the Rose Mist Vanna's Choice yarn I purchased last November during a Shopko $1.49 sale.  Couldn't go wrong at that price!

The stitch pattern was super repetitive, and therefore quick to pick up.  

The afghan finished off at about 40" x 44".  I used 4 skeins of the Rose Mist, and less than half of a skein from my leftovers from Coffee-n-Cream-(Drop in the Pond). (Super Saver Aran, Buff, Coffee).

I started searching the net yesterday to find who/when/where I could start donating crib afghans.  Project Linus kept popping up at the most common donation organization for crib/toddler/youth blankets/afghans/quilts.  The Northwestern Wisconsin Chapter will most likely be my newest organization for donations.  I just wish I could craft away ALL the time for ALL of my donation organizations: Quilts of Valor (QOV), Quilts for Kids (QFK) and now, Project Linus (PL).

This makes me curious:  Are there organizations you donate for?  I mostly have been a quilter for the past 14 years and have donated quilts to QOV and QFK, but now that crochet has CLEARLY become a craft consuming my crafting time, I'm definitely interested in donating where and when I can with afghans too.  

Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Kevin the Quilter said...

All I can think of when you post these quick finishes is you in a boy scout uniform starting a fire from your knitting, or crocheting hooks! It's a great little crib afghan!