Monday, February 17, 2014

Baby Sage afghan [Crochet pattern]

Baby Sage - 32" x 37"
Last Sunday, I started "doodling" again...
...which lead to a test-trial swatch.
This pattern is another excellent BEGINNER project, with only two stitches being used (dc and ch), and a single repeated row pattern.

Size:  32" x 37"
Hook: Size J (6.0 mm)
Level:  BEGINNER!
Yarn:  Red Heart with Love - each skein: 370 yards/338m.  Two (2) skeins need for pattern as written. (color: Lettuce)
Stitches used:  dc (double crochet) & ch (chain stitch)

Pattern
Chain: The pattern is a 6-ch repeat.  Chain multiples of 6, plus 4 (acts at 1 dc and 1 ch).
I chained 126 + 4.

Row 1:  dc in 5th ch from hook.  [*Skip 4 ch.  (dc, ch1, dc) in next ch**, (dc, ch1, dc) in next ch]   Repeat [ ] starting at * and ending last repeat at ** in last ch.  Turn.

Row 2:  ch 4 (acts as 1 dc and 1ch), dc in next ch1 space.  Skip 2 dc and ch1 space.  [*(dc, ch1, dc) in next dc**.  (dc, ch1, dc) in next dc.  skip ch1, skip next 2 dc, skip ch1.]  Repeat [ ] starting at * and ending last repeat at ** in 3rd ch of turning chain.  Turn.

Repeat Row 2 until desired length is reached.  

 


Happy President's Day!

2 comments:

Andee said...

I am so amazed at how you can create your own patterns after just a short time crocheting! My mind just doesn't work that way...good thing I can just follow the patterns of all of you creative people! I REALLY need to work on my socks again, but never seem to make the time...requires so much concentration! :)

Regina said...

Thanks for the pattern Amy!!! I want to start crocheting again this year and this seems like just the pattern to boost my confidence.