Sunday, May 11, 2008

Gloomy morning

It's 7:30 am and I just rolled out of bed. The girls actually didn't wake until 7:15. And, I kid you not, ALL of them woke up within 2 minutes of eachother. Candance was the first, then Caitlyn, and Cassie came bounding down the stairs a minute later. Ummm.....actually, she didn't "bound" down the stairs on her butt.......she actually "slides" down the stairs. Gosh, I remember doing that when I was younger too!

The weather is mighty gloomy out right now. Dreary, cloudy and 48 degress right now. BRRRRRR! (That's 7 degrees C for my non-US readers). Ooooooooooo......Which brings me to a slight tangent......

Being a math teacher, I simply need to state that American's are foolish!!!! What "idiot" way back when decided to use the foot, inch, mile and fahrenheit scale???? MOST of the rest of the world uses the Metric system. Which is a "DUH" system because everything is base 10 related which makes it so easy! But of course, my students don't think it's easy because they've been growing up using the "Standard Units" system........ummmmmmm...."STANDARD!?" Who decided that was the name of the "US" units....???? It sure isn't Standard when you consider the rest of the world!

Okay. There. I have now made my point known.

I have a feeling we won't be heading outside for a couple of hours until the weather decides to get a little friendlier, so I'm going to make up some French-toast for breakfast and then try to get downstairs for an hour of sewing.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ah, but you're in such good company with the imperial measures rather than decimal - ever since the EU decided that it wasn't mandatory for the UK to move over to decimal I've noticed that more people are returning to imperial or both. Hooray for that I say. Decimal measures may be easier to work out - you should try adding pounds, shillings and pence! But I prefer history and to stick to our own traditions wherever possible. I think we're stuck with decimal money, but we still use miles and purchase fabric in yards and inches.