Monday, January 6, 2014

Celtic Solstice update [Design Wall]


My design wall hasn't seen much change since last Thursday when I awoke and "whipped out" 40 blocks for Bonnie's SECRET REVEAL final layout on Celtic Solstice.    
At this stage, 40 of 121 blocks are completed.  I'm still happy I elected to upgrade to the King size quilt after purchasing our new bed mattress at the end of the December, but  Whhoooo-weeee!  A king size Bonnie quilt is QUITE the undertaking!  I can't wait for it to see a finish.
Since Thursday, I haven't had much opportunity to spend time in my sewing room, therefore, there isn't anything new to show.  
Clue 1:  100% updated to the King size
Clue 2:  100% updated to the King size
Clue 3:  100% updated to the King size
Clue 4:  100% updated to the King size
Clue 5:  ALMOST updated to the King size;  I think I have about 40 more units sitting next to the machine, acting as L/E while I start piecing finished blocks together.
:0)

Check out other posts on Bonnie's CS linkup
Check out other posts on Judy's Design Wall linkup

Happy MONDAY everyone!

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's really pretty Amy! I love the secondary pattern that is formed too. You always amaze me with how much you can produce!

Nann said...

What a delicious colorway!
I kept thinking "Bears/Packers" as I made my blocks in Bonnie's colors. :)

Lindsey said...

Wow Amy! This is absolutely stunning! The colors and pattern compliment each other well! I look forward to seeing this done! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I am giving away a fat quarter bundle on my blog today! I would love for you to come over and enter! Happy New Year!

Inspiring Creations Giveaway

Gari in AL said...

When you get all your units done, how about cutting mine out. I really want to make a queen sized quilt but I haven't sewn even one block together and only have 9 ready for sewing. At this rate I will be at this until she is ready for the new mystery next November. :-(

Andee said...

It will be exquisite!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I made 1/2 of Bonnies SMALL quilt and thought it was a lot of work! I love the colors you chose. Wish I'd chosen a darker color for the secondary 'circle' pattern. . . I like mine just fine but I like your better. Great job!

Unknown said...

Great job! I enjoyed visiting your blog. This has been fun!