At 9:00, I headed downstairs to put the final touches on Jan's Family Gems borders. The loopy-meanders took about 15 minutes, and I was done. But then........I decided to do one more straight-stitch 5/8" from the edge of the quilt. *SIGH* Bad idea-----the wavy border appearance showed as soon as I did that! It was laying flat prior-----HONEST!
The outer border / binding has a short story behind it. I had put on the 2 inner borders, with one more 3" border yet to go. However, I knew I needed to add some batting since I had been short when sandwiching the other day. But, I just didn't have the ambition to piece a 4" strip of batting to each end though......so.......what to do, what to do, what to do. Instead, I "played." I ended up folding the backing to the front, creating roughly a 2" border on the edge, which also took on the roll of binding for this quilt. I ironed the edges over 1/2" and used a decorative stitch from my machine to top-stitch the "border binding" to the quilt.
So, my To-Do list today was accomplished. Yes...I even wrote the Algebra Team Test earlier AND made the key right away. I even created two extra credit problems, one for Math 8 and one for Algebra 8. *patting self on back*
Alright, alright---I have to admit that I still have one load sitting on the entry-way floor, but 'twill get done!
Happy Sunday! Here's to a short week!