I was a bit tired last night, so by 8:00, right after putting the girls to bed, I plopped a DVD in the bedroom player and snuggled up in bed. I had COMPLETE intentions of falling asleep before the movie was over, but PSHT! It's one I haven't seen in a long time (The Interpreter), and I found myself watching it to the end, which was just a bit after 10:00. *sigh*
Regardless, I didn't sew at all last night, so by 6:00 tonight, I headed downstairs to see what else I could accomplish with Scot's Camo quilt. The inner squares (obviously) were pieced tonight as well as two small borders. Then I played around with some Flying Geese since I had a good handful of 2.5" scraps after cutting up the squares. I have 20 completed---I did a few different arrangements with them---trying them with a black brick inbetween each, with a camo brick between each, but in the end, one Flying Geese next to another really just looks the best. So.....I SHOULD need 24 for each side (the inner section with borders is measuring 48"x48") HOWEVER, with the 20 laid out......(seam allowance overlap already taken out of the equation)....ummm.....I don't think another FOUR will fit!!!!! *scratching head*..... I really can't see the border stretching that much. If I could find my stinkin' tape measure, I'd be able to double check the 48x48 measurements!
Anyway......I came up at 9:00 to grade a few papers, write a quiz, and now I'm checking in.