Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birthday girl

Today is my Candace' birthday! Cassie came bounding down the stairs earlier than normal saying.."MOM! It's Candace's birthday!!" I hate to admit that I hadn't quite thought about it yet, but she was so excited that she went back up to "see if Candace was awake." She says she was, but I don't think so---she was just so excited to be the first to wish Candace a Happy Birthday!

When Candace emerged, she parked herself at the top of the stairs with a silly little smile on her face. When I grabbed the camera, she suddenly wanted to play "You can't see me, Mom!" What a hoot how the mind works at that age.

Today is the last day of my freedom---vacation ends today and it's back to school tomorrow. I'm okay with that though---it's been a great break, finishing off Cathedral Stars.

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Julie said...

She is so cute sitting there playing "camera shy." I hope that she has a wonderful day.

Amanda said...

Say Happy Birthday to Candace from me, and lots of hugs. I always found going back to school after the Christmas break the hardest, we'd all been so busy that no-one was really rested so started off a bit cranky and tired. Have fun though.

Lurline said...

Happy Birthday, Candace!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to Candace!!!

And I feel your pain teacher, I feel your pain. I spent most of the last two days on the lap top...... or at school on the copier....... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

scraphappy said...

What a cutie! I hope she had a happy birthday. Have fun back at school tomorrow.

Pattie D said...

Amy,
I understand the "party" over thing...back to teaching tomorrow. Happy Birthday to Candace!
hugs
Tricia