Friday, January 9, 2009

A new project....

Angela has my permission to scold me on this one!

Recall that I am finishing up some UFO's (Scrappy Irish Chain & Oklahoma Backroads) before possibly taking on Bonnie's DD Mystery. Yeah, well, everytime Angela has emailed me, she drops not-so-subtle hints that I need to do the Mystery...

so......what do I do?????

Start a NEW, DIFFERENT Bonnie design! I have been so intrigued with Perkiomen Daydreams since I've seen it in Bonnie's book (here's a sneaky-peek). Tonight, I started digging in the 1.5" bins. I already had a stack of reds and yellows set aside knowing I wanted to eventually make this pattern.



Two hours later, my once clean sewing room looks like my 1.5" bins have exploded! Light strips cluttered on the floor; darks on the table, reds/yellows on a different part of the table; sewn strips hanging out on the ironing board and cutting mat; chain of strips behind the machine.

This was an unplanned evening of sewing. Originally, DH and I (with the girls) were going to head up to the farm for his family's last C'mas. But both he and I were simply NOT in the mood to drive 2 hours, so we "relaxed" tonight and will head up tomorrow morning. Naturally, my form of relaxation is to piece!

Interesting fact about Amy (and DH): See that mug in the picture? DH picked up a set of 6 mugs in Montana when we were on our honeymoon. They are downright my FAVORITE mugs (and they BETTER be for the price he paid!!!)! They are so heavy and big! In the mug tonight: Lemon "zinger" tea with small packet of sweet-n-low.

It's nearing 10:00pm, and I'm wiped out. I'm thankful it's the weekend, but truthfully I wish we could just stay home rather than travel. ANY amount of travel just makes for a quicker (and more stressful) weekend. *sigh*

However, I do hope that all of you out there enjoy YOUR weekend and hope you are able to piece up a storm!
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You're completely barking mad!!! I look forward to seeing your version, because the one in the book, to be truthful, doesn't do much for me. Have a great weekend, hopefully it'll all be worth it once you get there.

Donna said...

Looks like you are having fun. I was looking at a similar pattern but it is set more like an Irish Chain, but same idea, lots and lots of 1" finished squares. I said no way. Good luck it will be beatiful when you finish. You have inspired me to go ahead and buy Bonnie's book too!

scraphappy said...

Not enought time to do the new mystery? Being virtuous and finishing up UFO's? Ha! No such thing. You are just as bad as the rest of us. Happy pressing, and have fun with all of those seams. That's an awful lot of 1.5 in strips. I see lots of sleepless nights in your future. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end, and think of how empty your 1.5 inch bin will be.