Monday, January 19, 2009

Losing to an 8 year old......

For C'mas, Cassie got the game "Allowance" from my sister. We broke into it yesterday, and she wooped my butt! $21.00 her vs. $3.00 me. THEN, tonight, we played again. I did a bit better this time, but she still beat me! $20.00 her vs. $17.00 me. There isn't much strategy involved....(Okay, there is NO strategy involved), but it's a great game for her to practice money; making change and exchanging currency. Great 2nd grade game.


Once the girls were in bed, it was time to head back down to see what I could do with the borders. I didn't have enough fabric to do 4" sashings along the outer border, BUT I DID have enough to do a 2" outside so I was able to "finish" the stars. Yeah ;0) The top is pieced, but I'll still play with possible borders. I may just leave it as is though and use a blue binding. The top is roughly 52" x 68" right now.......good throw size. And even though it is smaller, I will still quilt this into 2 sections. It's just easier! I'm kinda thinking of concentric stars pulsating out of the center of the rail blocks. Not sure about the sashing yet.....but...I have time to think on that. Tomorrow night I have to work a Basketball game and then Wednesday night I have volleyball.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I hate losing to my kids! But I must be building their self-confidence, as I do it a lot! I love the quilt. It is really striking.

Dawn said...

Your quilt turned out stunning!! Sounds like a great game to play with kids...

Calidore said...

Wow Amy that quilt is stunning. I have just put photos of the rail fence blocks on my blog. Hopefully today I will progress more. As for loosing a game to a child.....happens all the time here...sigh.

Julie said...

Sounds like a great game!