Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrr!

My Lovely WeatherBug buddy is flashing the current temperature to me....

-13.3 degrees F (that's -25.2 degrees C). Thankfully, the wind has died to virtually nothing! But tomorrow is another story.....

Forecasted HIGH tomorrow: THREE DEGREES F! (That's -16 C!---for a HIGH!) We are going to be dipping into forecasted WINDCHILLS of 40-50 degrees F below zero tomorrow; does it REALLY matter what that is in Celcius????----Seriously! Once the temps reach MORE than 10 below......(or...umm...do I mean LESS than 10 below??) *giggling at the math-pun!*
anyway.....it's FRIGID, ARCTIC, BITTER, GLACIAL, NIPPY, NUMBING, SHIVERY, SNAPPY, WINTRY, INVIGORATINGLY PIERCING COLD! (YUP....found a thesaurus online!)

BTW---Thursday's forecast doesn't look much more promising.

I'll say this for sure.....MANY of us are awaiting the "SNOW DAY" call tomorrow AM (or at least a 2-hour "LATE START.") I could just IMAGINE staying snuggled up in the warm bed! But....I have to play it safe and get my butt to bed, JUST IN CASE the call doesn't come in........

Angela----wanna change locations for a few days???

6 comments:

Amanda said...

You've got me there! The lowest we've been overnight is -10, and the lowest during the day has been -1. Worse in other part of the uK I believe. Ice on the car again this morning - don't you just hate that? Keep warm,

Lurline said...

So difficult to comprehend from this side of the world - stay warm!
Hugs - Lurline♥

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm with you. We met Hubby's sister for dinner about 1.5 hours away last night and when we left there it was -5. This is just too cold for anyone. Hang tuff!
Regina

Cornfield Quilter said...

Ya just gotta love winter! It is snowing here now, the roads are a mess, I drove 35 mph to get to work, and the wind chill later will be 20+below zero. I love having all 4 seasons here, and I love the winters too, it is those winds that make it impossible! Oh well, just another day in the midwest. :D

scraphappy said...

OMG. I don't want to switch places, I'd turn into a popsicle, but you are welcome to join me in the sunny south. We had a cold front move in yesterday and it got down to 38 F last night(not quite 0 C)! They were putting warnings on the news about how to prepare for the bitter cold. Cover your palm trees, shield you hibiscus, bring in your pets! Can you imagine how everyone would react if it actually ever got cold? On the bright side though, you don't have to feel guilty about not running.

Julie said...

It is going to be 17 here in Alabama tonight. That is really cold for us! but then the high will be in the 50s tomorrow. No snow day for us. But if we did have one they would probably take away our Monday MLK holiday.