Friday, June 26, 2009

Where does the time go???

Good golly, Miss Molly! You'd think with "summer vacation" here, time would be coming out my ears to get this project and that project done!
Well....time sure is available....it's just getting filled with everyone BUT sewing! Typically my days consist of waking, getting the two older girls off to summer school by 8:15, then Candace and I go out for a run/walk/bike ride until 9-9:30. Home we go for a little snack. THEN I might actually get some sewing time, either that or we head outside for garden-time. Lately, it's been a lot of garden time! By 2:00, back to picking up the girls from summer school, then the rest of the afternoon......golly! I dunno! Time just flies. THEN, once DH comes home from work and we eat dinner, then it's outside for the rest of the evening to work on one garden or the other.

Last night, though....I asked DH if he minded if I "take the night off" of gardening to get some sewing done. Afterall....LOOK! This is the disarray of my basement carpeted area right now!

I have found time to complete quilting one (of the three) sections for the DWR. But, since I'm seeing stipples in my sleep, I decided to take a break from it and return to Granny's Stars. Last night, I was able to put all the rows together and will be quilting it in two sections. The first section was basted after piecing some backing, and still remains under the machine.

When I finish this post, I'm off to downstairs for a couple of hours. The girls have the task of cleaning up the loft area if they want to go to the Library later this afternoon---it's the deal we worked out. G'ma and G'pa might be coming up this weekend, and the loft is a disaster!

Happy Friday AM!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I thought I was going to have so much time to do things once I retired, but it still feels as if I'm on a permanent holiday, so I potter a lot and have a lovely time, but my to-do list is still impossibly long.

Melissa said...

Hi Amy, the last blog that I was on, her last post began also with, "Good Golly, Miss Molly". I thought I was seeing things. Anyway, I pieced a baby quilt top on Tuesday, but still haven't finished the binding on the class quilt! Someday! Melissa

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I cleaned up my kids rooms that same way! Eventually they might get them back...or not! Love all the projects in the pic!