Saturday, July 13, 2013

Slanted Shells - 24 rows

This yarn is absolutely gorgeous!!!  It has such a soft golden sheen to it, and it's so smooth and soft to work with as compared to the worsted yarns I've worked with this past week.  Again, it's Caron Simply Soft - and this is 'bone.'  
I've been sitting.... and DUH, crocheting for the past couple of hours.  At one point, I wanted to have an idea how long each row takes, specially now that I've found a rhythm in my stitching.
Row 22 took 19:18.2 minutes and row 23 took 19:21.8 minutes.  Fairly consistent.  I should also add that I was in "work-mode."  It wasn't a leisure crochet pace -- rather, it was 'nose-to-the-grind-stone' pace.  

So far, the 24 rows measure about 13" wide.  So...some quick mental math...
If I want this afghan to be 6' (72") long.....
I will need about 133 total rows....................and LOTS more yarn.  LOL.  I am nearing the end of my 2nd skein;  I'll see if I can wrap it up tonight by finishing it off.  I just brewed a pot of coffee and I have the Lord of the Rings trilogy lined up next to the DVD player.  The Fellowship of the Ring has been playing for 2 hours already; one more hour left.  BOY, these movies are long!!!!!   Maybe......if I watch all of them tonight......I'll make some serious progress on this afghan!  Besides, Paul just started up his 4-day nightshift swing, so....there's no reason to rush off to bed :)  Tomorrow, EVERYONE can finally sleep in :)

Happy Saturday evening.

3 comments:

Andra Gayle said...

You rock girl! I have yet to finish a crochet project...

Andee said...

It is looking great! Wow, that looks more complicated than anything I tried in crochet!

JB said...

It looks amazing!