Since I'm sitting and waiting for the ground beef to fry up, I figured I'd check in and share a VERY EASY casserole recipe. This is a recipe using ingredients we usually always have on-hand; my family simply calls it Casserole and the girls enjoy it.
- 1.5 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef or other similar meat. We've made this with pork/venison equal parts; we've used straight venison; I even tried ground elk once.
- 2 cans condensed Tomato soup
- 1 can corn. I use corn that we've frozen from our garden; 1-1.5 cups
- 1 can peas (OPTIONAL-OPTIONAL!!!) My mother always put in a can of peas (yuck!) Since I'm not a pea lover, I no longer include this ingredient (my children also concur)
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook the elbow mac.
Brown the ground beef. Season with salt/pepper and/or other beloved seasonings.
Mix all ingredients together in casserole dish.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. I've also been known to up the temp to 375 in order to have casserole ready in 30 minutes.
I started quilting Blue Ridge Beauty just before coming up to prepare lunch. I also pieced together most of step #6 of Maltese Star. Pictures to come later tonight.