Sunday, January 16, 2011

Green Beauty; Rainbow Scrap Challenge; Stash Report

Green Beauty (80" x 94")


Quilted...

...and bound. Ready for gifting to Kathy.


And here is the design I was tempted to start....

...considering this pile of scraps needed some attention. BUT, instead, I pulled out only the blues and got back to work on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Blue Ridge Beauty. And progress I made! Here are 80 blocks in an 8x10 layout, but I still had units and other scraps laying around, so I kept piecing until it reached a 10x10 layout

My design wall isn't quite large enough to house all the blocks right now (notice the blocks on the left are overlapped??) I'm not a big fan of square quilts, so I will make up 20 more blocks to add to the top/bottom and call it good. That would give me a center measuring roughly 60"x72"; add a border, and it'll be a good throw/snuggler.

Some images around the household today:





Stash Report: January 10 - 16
Used/week: 5.4 yds
Purch/week: 0.0 yds

Used/year: 14.4 yds
Purch/year: 0 yds

Net Used: 14.4 yds

15 comments:

Alycia said...

Whoo Hoo - good job. Your quilts are beautiful!!! - So is that hubby doing the dishes? Total keeper!!

scottylover said...

Love the Green Beauty! Great job on it!

I started the Hanging Garden quilt today. I've got the 22 strips cut and will cut the background and borders tomorrow. Making the throw size for hubby in black and whites. Should be fun!
Love your blue quilt, too!
Sandy A

scraphappy said...

Great quilt, definitely worthy of the new header for your blog. Blue Ridge Beauty is coming along nicely. As long as it isn't going to be square, have you thought about an asymmetrical setting? Nothing drastic, but maybe moving the bulls-eye a bit off the center?

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow...that green beauty is coming to me?!?!? Yippee!
It's gorgeous!
The Blue Ridge Beauty is awesome! Makes me want to pull my version out of the UFO closet!

Tamera said...

LOVE the blue/yellow quilt and love the images from the day!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

WOW!!! awesome job on the quilts!! The Green quilt is GORGEOUS!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful quilts! How much snow is on the ground? We are former Minocqua area residents...

Angela said...

Green Beauty is gorgeous, and I'm loving how the Blue ridge beauty is looking on your design wall.

Nancy said...

The Green Beauty turned out lovely!!! Congrats on the finish. And the family looks like they are having a wonderful day.

Enjoy your day off!

Anonymous said...

Both of the quilts are gorgeous. I love how you are using the scraps but making a traditional-looking quilt. Green is my favorite color, so I can't help but like the other one!

Ellen said...

Your Green Beauty is aptly named - wish my name was Kathy!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great start to the year for the stash reports! And Green Beauty looks awesome!

Judy D in WA said...

Kathy is very lucky to own that quilt. It is gorgeous! It sure is hard not to start something isn't it!! I love the Blue Ridge Beauty.
Pictures around your house are great...

Just One More Thing said...

Your quilts are breathtaking. Will I ever be able to make something so beautiful?

Linda said...

Ah, more finishes for you! I love the Green Beauty, it's beautiful and your Blue Ridge Beauty is coming along too. You are so productive, I need your vitamins!