Monday, January 10, 2011

The Design Wall fight...

I headed downstairs at 7:00 tonight after dinner, kids homework, etc..... you know the routine.

And, I didn't feel like quilting Green Beauty....so I didn't.

Instead, I pulled out some of the blocks I had created months ago for Bonnie Hunter's Blue Ridge Beauty just to see how they were looking.....

And it wasn't long before I heard In Flight arguing with the newly placed blocks for design wall space.....

So, rather than insisting that they place nice together, I figured I might as well just bite the bullet and piece the rest of the In Flight rows together to be able to set the top aside.

And rather than just stopping at the quilt-center, I decided to continue biting that bullet and get the borders on right away before this turned into a UFO.

In Flight (67.5" x 79.5")


Yeah...pretty happy with an unexpected flimsey finish tonight!

And now my BRB blocks were happy.......

SEE! They started growing! It's not Saturday, BUT my Scrappy Rainbow Challenge finally saw some action, AND a UFO at the same time :0)

Hey....I even decided to quilt another pass of Green Beauty before heading up for the night too. Maybe that quilting will get finished tomorrow night.

11 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love how you follow your bliss..whatever you feel inspired to work on, you do...whichever projects you enjoy working on, you do...love it! That's what we all could do :)

Amanda said...

The fabrics you've used for In Flight really work so well with he design, it looks great. I think it's too easy to forget sometimes that patchwork and quilting is our hobby, and get bogged down with 'shoulds' and 'oughts'; so well done you for going along with what moves you.

Angela said...

What a productive evening you had. In Flight is gorgeous, and you're making great progress on your Rainbow challenge blocks.

Chris said...

I love both of your quilts. Very productive evening you had :)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Too funny about the quilt block fighting! And way to go on finishing a flimsie! :)

scraphappy said...

Love that you finished up your flimsy to make room on the design wall! What a perfect way to give the new quilt woomera to breathe. Great splashes of yellow along with the blue.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Love the quilts you have been and are working on! If I ever finish piecing the border for RRCB I want to make the Blue Ridge Beauty. Yours is looking great!!

chelsea said...

Nice work, I love your wall design.


Vancouver Internet Marketing | San Jose Plumber

Alycia said...

Both those quilts are neat. But a design wall fight? You just need two design wall then right? LOL

Candace said...

A great quilt top, soon to be a finish I imagine, and your BRB is going to be awesome. You are making a good start to the year.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

oooh Love how those blue blocks are coming together!!! Love the design they are making!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea