Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Saturday; not as planned

I was quilting away this morning, working on a quilt for my MIL; not feeling overly energetic, but still clippin along. I almost finished the quilting. But at noon, I came upstairs to make lunch and I never went back down.

Instead...

I spent a good hour (and then some) in the tub with a good book. I'm not feeling the greatest, so I've been sitting for the afternoon, reading and relaxing with the computer.

Although I didn't spend the day as planned, it was still nice. AND, I'm getting better at not feeling guilty when I don't quilt as planned.

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I refuse to feel guilty about progress/lack of progress with my hobbies. It's supposed to be fun! I'm glad you took the day to pamper yourself and rest.

Linda Lee said...

Sometimes it is important to stop and have a do nothing day. I hope you are feeling better.

scraphappy said...

Feel better. Sometimes a little extra rest and TLC is just the trick. Nobody can go at full speed all the time -- not even you:)

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely! Never feel guilty for resting and practising good self care!

Amanda said...

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. And how right to take time to pamper yourself; in such a busy life as yours a little self-administered TLC is just what the doctor ordered sometimes.

Nancy said...

Hope you feel better soon.... the joys of working in a petrie dish.

Hugs!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Nothing like "tub time"! I love to get as many bubbles as I can in the tub with lots of candles around and yes a good book!! ooh and don't forget a glass of red wine!

Btw, LOVE your quilts! the one with the frog is too cute! My 8 month old son already has a liking for frogs! I'm thinking I'll have to make him a frog quilt sometime!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea